How can I reduce my HbA1C

Jax73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed with T1 diabetes in September 2016 with an HbA1C of 96 which was repeated a week later and had increased to 108. It has since increased to 148 and is now down to 115. I am waiting for surgery which has just been cancelled as my HbA1C needs to be, at the highest, in the 70s.
Does anyone have any idea how I can reduce it quickly? I have LADA which is very difficult to control and my BMs are very erratic ranging from the high teens to hypo status in a matter of minutes. I’m strict with my diet and exercise as much as I can but this is limited as I have 3 large abdominal hernias which I am desperate to have repaired. I have not done a DAFNE course as I keep being told it isn’t available.
Any advice would be most welcomed. Thank you!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please can you clarify the type of diabetes you have. You mention Type 1 and LADA in your post, but your profile says Type 2.
Also, which diabetes medications are you taking? This will help us with our answers.

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
I was diagnosed with T1 diabetes in September 2016 with an HbA1C of 96 which was repeated a week later and had increased to 108. It has since increased to 148 and is now down to 115. I am waiting for surgery which has just been cancelled as my HbA1C needs to be, at the highest, in the 70s.
Does anyone have any idea how I can reduce it quickly? I have LADA which is very difficult to control and my BMs are very erratic ranging from the high teens to hypo status in a matter of minutes. I’m strict with my diet and exercise as much as I can but this is limited as I have 3 large abdominal hernias which I am desperate to have repaired. I have not done a DAFNE course as I keep being told it isn’t available.
Any advice would be most welcomed. Thank you!!

Welcome to the community x

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. If you are defined as LADA or T1 then you should probably be on insulin and the Basal/Bolus regime. Sometimes you will be started on just tablets like I was but starting insulin early is best. Do let us know whether you are on insulin and what type(s)