Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
equipoise said:
anna29 said:
My name is Anna .
Number 29 stands for 4 generations of my husbands family all born on the 29th January .
Me included too, very uncanny I know - but 'TRUE' :p

Anna29 .

Anna - you have actually stumbled across something a lot more weird. A friend of mine told me years ago that she had done research on the birthdates of people's spouse's parents, and by chance found out that a bafflingly high percentage of people's wives were born around the same date (not year!) as their mother, and husbands born near the same date as their wife's father. Well, I say near the same date -- she said the same star sign, which was why I treated it as pure bilge. Only recently did I realize my wife's birthday is just 3 days before my mother's, and mine is the day after her father's. I have found this to be true for 4 other married couples I know well. This is frightening. :shock:

This is all my husbands family .
His granddad 29th January .
His mother 29th January .
He married me 29th January .
Our one and only Granddaughter 29th January .
The 4 generations 'so far' - amazing eh ?

Anna .

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
It's 2nd nature to use either Zola or Zolabud.

I didn't like wearing shoes when I was young and the name Zola stuck.

Fallen_skydive_angel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I used to skydive, but unfortunately I had a malfunction on one jump and ended up hitting the ground a wee bit hard and crushed one of my vertebra. My user name was a play of the word 'fallen' as in not so quite innocent 'angel', but also due to having literally 'fallen'. I no longer jump (skydive) unfortunately. The angel bit is because I have a liking / belief in them :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Here's a song for you Fallen Skydive Angel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GmxMTw ... 77F55D4803

This song is by Sarah McLachlan. It was adopted in the US as the song for the Twin Towers disaster.

It was also in a film with Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage called City of Angels. Another favourite film of mine....

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Mine was from Buffy, the charactor Faith played by Eliza Dusku. I've always loved her charactor, she oozes confidence, and when I was getting bullied in school I just always wanted to be like her. As I've got older though it was more of a statement that even though I'm not very religious I have faith in myself to always fix things and sort myself out diabetes wise... bit sad but hey :lol:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Interesting and fascinating subject, Irw60. :thumbup:

Cinderella said:
Mine is because I have small feet (size 2 shoes) and I was diagnosed last December when the pantomime showing locally was Cinderella which was absolutely brilliant.
Unlike you Cinerella, with small feet, I'm small....full stop. :lol:

Not overly small, but still small.....
"weewillie" :D

My father used to say I should complain to the local council.
Oh, and why's that Father?
Because son, they built the pavements too near your backside.

Never did get on with my father.

I haven't read all the posts yet, so not to take anything away from anyone else....
Fallen_skydive_angel phew, that is a remarkable story.

Angels...yes, I believe everyone has a (guardin) angel.

thebassist84

Giverny said:
thebassist84 said:
Interestingly enough I play bass in a soul function band. And I was born in 1984! Simples!

I play bass too :thumbup: ! Not very well, mind you.

Its easy to learn but difficult to be good at! I've been trying to be good at it for years! My newest piece of advice, trial loads of basses. Its like Cinderella and her shoe!! ;-) one will fit and feel comfortable. If you ever want tips or that just get in touch! Always willing to help :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I simply wanted something jokey to reflect my sense of humour, I toyed with Conan The Librarian which I have used in the past but as I am dyslexic I found it too difficult for me to sign in with so $id Bonkers it was/is :D

Sid & Doris Bonkers are two characters from Private Eye magazine and although I'm not a regular reader I just liked the mad name.

WhitbyJet

WhitbyJet because I live in Whitby and am a jewellery designer working with, amongst other materials, WhitbyJet.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
It's nice to meet you all.

I really enjoy seeing the inventive names that people call themselves shown at the bottom of the page. I have a liking for peoples names and place names too. I once went out with a woman who's surname was Bonniface, and yes she was! I also knew a woman with the surname Mash. Miss Mash perhaps? Miss Bonniface told me of two villages somewhere near where she lived. One was called Ugly or Ugli and the other Piddley. There was even an Ugly Womans Guild, well, I certainly hope there was! My brother in laws late brother in law was called Dave. Everyone knew him as Dave, even his bride to be. When they stood at the alter however the vicar used his real name. Captain. Captain Dave. My brother in laws family questioned this most vocally, in church!
Place names are interesting, I wonder how the name was arrived at. A friend lives in the village of Carnkie just a few miles away. Two miles from where she lives is a village called.... Carnkie. It's hard to believe that each village didn't know about the other one.

hornplayer

Simple answer, it's what I am.

More complex answer, it's what I am.

- being a musician is more than a job, it's a way of life. It defines you. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. - I've been a horn player since I was 11. - I've been KNOWN as The Horn Player since i was 11 too!
:)

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
I seem to recall it was a really hard decision requiring lots of deep thinking - not!

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
LittleWolf said:
I'm a wolf therianthrope. More specifically a little subspecies that is considered a pest in Mexico...
Do you ever catch yourself saying: "well, I had a bit of a hypo, but I'm alright now-oo-oo-oo!" :lol:
Seriously, wolves are a creature that I can understand having empathy with. :thumbup:

Glen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, DIY, winter,
It's my name.
Glen.

LittleWolf

FergusCrawford said:
LittleWolf said:
I'm a wolf therianthrope. More specifically a little subspecies that is considered a pest in Mexico...
Do you ever catch yourself saying: "well, I had a bit of a hypo, but I'm alright now-oo-oo-oo!" :lol:
Seriously, wolves are a creature that I can understand having empathy with. :thumbup:

In all seriousness, I do howl, bark (rarely), whine and yip involuntarily...

Therianthropy is interesting, but not all that weird when you consider how many are on the autistic spectrum and how similarly animals and autistic peoples are wired. Have you read 'The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow' or 'Animals in Translation; Using Autism to Decode Animal Behaviour' by Temple Grandin? I also strongly believe the phenomenon is closely linked to sensory processing disorders and learning 'disabilities'. It's amazing how many married older professionals there are out there who have moments they literally /are/ a tiger or a rabbit or something. I wish I wasn't something as cliché as a wolf lol.

I'm one of the more down to earth ones. Some are more new-agey and think they are reincarnated unicorn gods or simply read too much Twilight *rolls eyes*

Don't worry. I'm house trained ;3