How do I know if my diabetes is "REVERSED"?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Despite watching what I eat and really trying to LCHF Im faced with increased fasting BS that seem to be getting worse.Having read so much about the benefits of metformin I really dont know whether to go back to taking it ?
Hi @Elaine T2 if you like you could brain dump as much information as you can such as your HbA1c, fasting blood glucose, what you are eating / exercising (if doing this) and many will provide some suggestions which may help.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Despite watching what I eat and really trying to LCHF Im faced with increased fasting BS that seem to be getting worse.Having read so much about the benefits of metformin I really dont know whether to go back to taking it ?
Metformin does little in the way of lowering bg but helps to protect organs and is a mild appetite supressant.
Fasting bg levels may be being affected by liver dump (dawn phenomena).

janrat68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some people make it hard work, but it doesn't have to be. I found the food diary hard work, working out portion sizes, using scales and measuring spoons, but that passes once your eyes tell you how much of what is on your plate. That was 3 years ago for me. Since then I have found it easy.

Why do you think there is a risk of serious trouble down the line?
the complaction factor ive watched programmes abiut what the implcations of type 2 can be loss of feeling in your toes and fingers etc its better to get it undercontrol as early as possoble but the way in which people can understand