How do Itag someone?

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm probably being really thick here, but I can't work out how to tag someone when I'm replying to a post. Im fairly new to this site but already it's been so useful.

Is there some "tag" button somewhere that I'm just not seeing?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
write the @ symbol in front of thier screen name.

Reactions: 3 people

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@urbanracer are there any other tips or a site user guide anywhere? I also missed out on the social network basics at school cos it was chalk/lead/punishment based

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@mojo_101 I don't think there is a forum user guide anywhere. I am quite internet illiterate having been educated in the prehistoric era too, but you get to pick up how to use the forum by trial and error. Just ask about anything you want to know.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
write the @ symbol in front of thier screen name.
There must be a space in front of the @ and a space after the name. As you type the tag, a dropdown list of possible matches will show, and you can click on the required name when it shows. When the post is uploaded and displayed the tag appears in red. If it is not red, then there is an error, and the tag will not work. Spaces and other punctuation are significant, but capitals seem to be ignored at least in terms of the match list.