How Has Your Life Changed Since Being Diagnosed ?

Gemitch2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diagnosed 13 years ago and remember the nurse in the hospital saying " it wont change your life"!! how wrong was she!!

Started off on Novorapid and Levemir, but working shifts I found out that the Levemir was not lasting.... changed to Tresiba still didn't help me much.
Now been on a pump for the last 5 years and it has changed my life, had to change hospitals and hassle lots of people to be accepted for a pump but it was worth it.

One thing I have learned is if you want to get better control then you have to do the leg work and put the effort in, as others will not do it for you.

Never give up, and don't be too hard on yourself when things don't go to plan.

Reactions: Olwin11

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Agree @Gemitch2 Although I am in awe of anyone who doesn't let anything stand in the way, we all walk our own path and sometimes things have to change to improve, my previous role was counter productive to good control, I was newly diagnosed, coping with a young child, full time job and a condition that didn't play nicely. Over time things have improved greatly but it's made me more aware of how a condition like t1 can impact on your life and we can't take anything for granted with this. I do alot more now than before and raise money each year for JDRF, so have made positive changes, but it has also made me alot more philosophical and emphatic to others with a medical condition.

Reactions: Knikki