How long did it take you to become fat adapted?

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I hate diabetes
I've been on the Keto diet for 8 weeks now, and I still haven't become adapted yet. Many articles I read say it takes anywhere from 6-12 weeks depending on how your body adjusts, so I am still giving myself time to adjust. Before I started keto I was in the worst shape of my life. Even though I was type 2 I was eating fast food and high carb meals everyday. It's part of the reason why I was taking so much medication to stabilize my sugars, but even medication + insulin couldn't keep my sugars down because that's how bad I let myself go. 3 months ago I really made changes and finally had enough of being sick and overweight. I want to know what has been your experience with the keto diet long term? For me I was able to drop 35 pounds in two months, my blood pressure went back to normal and I was able to reduce my medications. I still take Metformin daily and Lipitor. Even though I've had success on the diet, it doesn't mean it's been all good. There are nights when I can't sleep and my fasting sugars recently went up from 5.6 to 6.5 in the morning, sometimes even 7.3 before my first meal around 9AM. My overall goals are to lose weight and have stable sugars. The reason I started keto was to become fat adapted so I could have more energy and focus.