How long have people had to wait for the new freestyle libre

Princesnikki

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I tried one for two weeks for Poole hospital about two months ago and ever since then want to buy one but they're not been available I've signed up for the email and was just wondering how long people have waited until they have the email with a chance to buy one I've looked on eBay and they go for about £800-£900. I am desperate for one of these as not only did it help with my blood sugar levels but also gave me the confidence to control my diabetes rather than my diabetes controlling me

shaggy1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a bit shortsighted for those buying them on ebay. How would they get more sensors once theirs have expired? Unless I'm missing something?

I signed up about 2 months ago, but I'm not expecting a mail any time soon. It's extremely frustrating waiting. I feel your pain:(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I registered in Jan and got an email 2 days ago to say that they'll be contacting me soon to see if I want to purchase one, the email says you just have a week to purchase the Libre, so I would expect if you don't reply in that time they'll email someone else on the waiting list

Reactions: 2 people

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I registered at end of December got my email 3 weeks ago signed up 2 weeks ago got the system last sat. So far so good, although not exactly same readings as my meter the trends are the same, made a couple of chanes to basal already. Hope you don't have much longer to wait