How low is too low? Scarily Libre says 2.9!

GuidingSenses

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1.5
I don’t understand why and am ok now but the alarm sounded on my Libre 2 app at 3.2 arrow down so had glucose etc but when it went down to 2.9 it scared me! I was sweaty as per usual and a little spaced out but worried as never had it this low! Anyone else?
IMG_3267.jpg

My husband was worried and obviously will inform Dr as seeing them this next week.
I’m on Novorapid 1 unit per 10 carbs and Tresiba 7 at night.

• Hug
Reactions: JAT1

Lakeslover

What did your blood glucose meter say when the libre went this low? My libre will go low but blood glucose will usually be 1 to 2 points higher.

Reactions: EllieM

GuidingSenses

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wasn’t able to check with blood finger prick as that’s why I’m on sensors I struggle to get bloods at times. You’ve made me feel a bit better however

Reactions: Lakeslover

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
I wasn’t able to check with blood finger prick as that’s why I’m on sensors I struggle to get bloods at times. You’ve made me feel a bit better however
Is this because of a mobility issue in your hands or an issue with blood flow from fingerpricks?
If the former it might be worth getting your partner to do a blood test during a hypo as meters are notoriously laggy and potentially unreliable then.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’ve had that type of reading on a few occasions but actual bs is always higher , warming hands should assist with finger pricking , trying to prevent reading going that low is the key , I find the Libre low alarm excellent for this set it at around 4.0 then when it alarms you know that your near hypo , and as Libre reads lower than actual bs it gives you a bit of further protection