How many bood tests at pre-diabetic levels..

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
... does a pre-diabetic make?

This was the Easter debate with my cousin's husband. He (and she for that matter) had gotten their levels down to pre-D levels but have crept back up into T2 ranges.

Mine came down from 111 to 59 to most recently 45 and we were debating wheher that meant I could either change my Libre sensor settings to something more normal for those in a pre-diabetic range (currently set to what are acceptable for T2) or... given that my bloods were taken BEFORE I went to the US, where my levels went all over the place, and took a week to settle down when I got home!

I think I would want at least two or three readings at pre-diabetic levels to warrant a change as I strive ever more towards remission (which I would consider consistently 'normal' readings...)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you talking about changing the target range on the Libre?

My thoughts on target ranges are to set one range, then when meeting it regularly, change it. (irrespective of any HbA1c results)
Mine is set to 4 to 7. I don't always meet the 7, but percentage-wise it's pretty spot on for me.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you talking about changing the target range on the Libre?

My thoughts on target ranges are to set one range, then when meeting it regularly, change it. (irrespective of any HbA1c results)
Mine is set to 4 to 7. I don't always meet the 7, but percentage-wise it's pretty spot on for me.

Yeah exactly that - I changed to T2 levels after my 2nd blood test and was stable-ish with a few spikes in Australia, but my levels were all over the place when I was in the US, which was after I had the most recent bloods done, and before I got the results.

Then again I knew that Indian Wells would be an unmitigated disaster as it is an awful awful tournament food wise!

I will see how things pan out level wise in the next 13 weeks.
Stuttgart - great food
Madrid - awful
Roland Garros - not great
Birmingham - not great
Eastbourne - marginally better but stodgy as hell
Wimbledon - best of all except maybe Stuttgart

Another blood test in the middle of that lot so we'll see how the libre copes!