How many had Covid even though had all their jabs

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
I was unlucky to get covid 3 time as I work in and around health care. First time was just after the outbreak which was a horrible experience for me as i wouldnt normally be a sick person and with no vaccine in production at the time i was in bed for nearly a month .The next was just after the first round of vaccines and the last time was just after my diabetes dx and first booster. Compared to the first the other two was just like having a heavy cold.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Have had five jabs but am told another will be on the way not sure how true this is , stay safe everyone

jammer12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had 4 jabs.
I'm waiting until they get a vaccine that targets the latest variant before I get more.

finzi1966

Had five jabs, starting in February 2021. Had Covid once that I know of, in October 2022 (I’d had four jabs by then). Very mild, no worse than a bad cold. I may have had other occasions where I was asymptomatic (eg there was at least one occasion where my husband tested positive but I never had anything). Never really taken any special precautions eg I stopped wearing masks as soon as we were allowed to, go out to dinner/cinema/parties/holidays etc as soon as the rules allowed it. So my feeling is that only one (mild) infection in three years was probably down to jabs.

Reactions: lovinglife

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just getting over Covid, a first timer. It's been rather bad all over & my Dr told me off for not calling an ambulance when my O2 was reading 86. I do have asthma, but not bad & I was still breathing! No way I wanted to go into hospital because of other health issues. Chest was rather bubbly, cough hasn't helped my spinal issues, but is clearing now, thankfully. I have had the vaccine four times, so hopefully they're what kept me from a worse time of it. If offered another, I will have it, although my own system has just had a natural boost so won't be this next lot. I believe the Spring booster is being offered from now, April, until June for those over 75 or with a weakened immune system.

Heartsurvivor

Thankfully I haven’t had COVID so far. Neither had husband a daughter (living with us) but they both had it a few weeks ago - I tested negative throughout! Not sure how I escaped as we’ve all had all 5 jabs.

Caprock94

I had the original two shots, but no boosters since. That was in 2021. I just had covid last month, and it lasted about 3 weeks. Coughing, stopped up, tired. Better now, but blood sugar numbers are still running higher. Anyone else experience this?

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had the original two shots, but no boosters since. That was in 2021. I just had covid last month, and it lasted about 3 weeks. Coughing, stopped up, tired. Better now, but blood sugar numbers are still running higher. Anyone else experience this?

I think there can be a lingering effect of being ill on blood sugars, even if you cease to feel ill. I think this is something that just gradually fades away.

Mr Hairyman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have had 5 shots and have had Covid 3 times. The third time was about months ago, and though it wasn't severe, I did feel that I never quite got my mojo back thereafter. I now wonder if that was approx when the T2D kicked in, and my symptoms were general tiredness and grumpiness.
Certainly, post (May 23) diagnosis, I've switched to Low-carb and feel much better for it - mentally and physically. Covid and Long Covid seem to affect us more than we first thought, and I wonder if it will come out in the future that Covid could affect our ability to manage insulin.

Caprock94

Have had 5 shots and have had Covid 3 times. The third time was about months ago, and though it wasn't severe, I did feel that I never quite got my mojo back thereafter. I now wonder if that was approx when the T2D kicked in, and my symptoms were general tiredness and grumpiness.
Certainly, post (May 23) diagnosis, I've switched to Low-carb and feel much better for it - mentally and physically. Covid and Long Covid seem to affect us more than we first thought, and I wonder if it will come out in the future that Covid could affect our ability to manage insulin.
Hard to know what Covid did and did not cause. I am about two weeks removed from having it. My legs feel heavy and stiff, especially in the morning.

Reactions: Mr Hairyman

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had 5 jabs. I got covid just after having my 3rd Jab in December 2021, I probably had it when I went to get my jab but had no symptoms until a few days later. Jabbed on 5th December, positive test on the 10th. I wasn't terribly poorly with covid, my mother was more ill than I was although my smell has never fully come back. After the way I felt from my 5th Jab I've already decided I won't be having another one, I felt much worse after the jab than I did having covid.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
all in all I have had 6 jabs for Covid and probably will be requested to have another in Autumn after each one I do have the sniffles but think it better to have than to get the covid again as said above it can affect each person differently every time they get it so onwards peeps lets keep healthy and well <3

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have had every jab available now 7 I do believe in total I am not having any more grrrr