How much weight is normal to gain in your first trimester?

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I have just weighed myself and I'm absolutely disgusted with how much weight Iv gained .. Iv not been eating great but not that bad to warrant this much weight gain this quickly.
I'm only 7 weeks pregnant so I really shouldn't be gaining much ..

Being diabetic is hard enough but when the more insulin you take the more hungrier you get!

Xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Madelinelowery I wish I kept the link I had about that. I had a site that gave an idea of weight gain per trimester but I can't remember where it was.

But I wouldnt worry. I retained water early on, then I put on weight quite quickly in the first trimester but that seemed to stabilise in the second half of the pregnancy. I think the body lays down extra reserves in the first trimester ready to sustain the pregnancy.

Reactions: Madelinelowery

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I wouldn't worry at all if your healthy and reasonable fit first off that's the main thing:)
I never weighed whilst preg I don't see a point it's more stress which isn't what I need ontop of pregnancy and diabetes
I too gained mostly water weigh early and throughout Iv only realised this since I gave birth my son is 10 weeks old and I'm now squeezing into my old size 10 jeans ...havnt weighed myself and I won't but I think I gained around 3-4 stone in pregnancy was all worth it .... was mostly the large lucoazade content I had to have with my awful lows that prob did it but now Iv not been hard on myself or dieted at all it's just a hectic lifestyle with a young child and a baby ... honestly it's the last thing u should worry about right now :) take care of yourself your sugars and baby it's a huge achievement in itself
Congrats xxx

Reactions: azure