How old were you when you were diagnosed?

How old were you when you were diagnosed?

• 0-5

Votes: 50 12.8%
  • 6-10

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 35 8.9%
  • 16-21

Votes: 39 9.9%
  • 22-30

Votes: 46 11.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 52 13.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • 60+

Votes: 37 9.4%

• Total voters

Kerry-Michelle

20 years old... Confirmed officially 11 days after my birthday 2012... Type 1.. Initially it was thought that I was type 1 after being rushed into hospital after being squashed between two cars when I was asked if I was diabetic and I said no.. So thankfully I was finally diagnosed after lots of blood test e.c.t after a car accident. X

judithann

I was 57 when I was diagnosed with Type 1. I'm using the Animas Vibe pump (have been for 2 years), and find it makes life a lot easier than pen injections.

JMM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many.
I was 32 when I was diagnosed, but think I had had it about 4 years. I started off on diet only, then on increasing numbers of tablets (after weight sank to 6st.13lbs) and after about 3 years went on to insulin. 12 months ago (after asking to go on a Dafne Course and being refused because I was a Type 2) it was finally decided I was a Type 1. I am now 75!

SylviaFeb69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed at 19 years of age Type 1 (then known as 'Chronic' diabetes as opposed to 'Mild' Type 2!) and that was 44 years ago. I had been getting more & more ill over the previous whole year before I decided, after pressure from my family, that it was time to go & see my doctor to get a tonic!

jeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Know it alls, Doctors who don't have a clue about maintaining diabetes, Right wing politicians
Giverny said:
Here's our new monthly poll. Feel free to post your type as well!
I was just 3 years old, I am now 61 with NO complications. Low carb diet and animal insulin has kept me well.

jeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Know it alls, Doctors who don't have a clue about maintaining diabetes, Right wing politicians
I was 3 years old and I am now 61 with NO complications, thanks to a mother who took great care of me as I small child and a low carb diet managed by animal insulin.