How reliable is urine?

Soo2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

I am new to the forum .

I have a CKD and test my urine daily for infection with urinalysis sticks . Three occasions the glucose block as shown I have glucose in my urine but not every day. Not today either.
Should I wait to see if it happens again or should this be mentioned to a professional now?

Thank you

Reactions: Freema

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

I am new to the forum .

I have a CKD and test my urine daily for infection with urinalysis sticks . Three occasions the glucose block as shown I have glucose in my urine but not every day. Not today either.
Should I wait to see if it happens again or should this be mentioned to a professional now?

Thank you

Soo - Are you taking any medications at all? I can think of at least one type of medication which causes the individual to wee sugar in their urine.

Reactions: JohnEGreen and Soo2

Soo2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Andbreathe

I have checked my medication and none of those are flagged as releasing sugar in urine.
I didn't want to go to the group practice unless I had too . I suppose if it was that I was developing Diabetes then I would have sugar in my urine all the time and I don't .

Soo

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
To show up in your urine your blood sugar would have to be quite high. You may have reached that level only once or twice the rest of the time you may have been to low for it to show in your urine but still high enough to warrant investigation. It may be best to discuss this with your doctor.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Andbreathe

I have checked my medication and none of those are flagged as releasing sugar in urine.
I didn't want to go to the group practice unless I had too . I suppose if it was that I was developing Diabetes then I would have sugar in my urine all the time and I don't .

Soo

Whilst I understand why you might say as you do that sugar would be in your urine always, but that is not necessarily so. Glucose levels in the body vary, both on a day to day, but also hour by hour and minute by minute basis.

It would probably be wise to have yourself checked out by your GP, just for your own piece of mind.

Good luck with it all.

Reactions: Soo2

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At the first diabetes education session we were all given a pot of urine testing strips, which I used but never got a reaction, but at the second session we were told that the concentration in the blood would be over 10mmol/l to cause a reaction. That is quite high for me, and I think for most people, so I too think that your doctor should be informed so that your blood can be tested.

Reactions: JohnEGreen and Soo2

Soo2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much for the information. I will make an. Appointment to see my gp.

Thank you again

Reactions: Prem51