How to control fasting reading with gestational diabetes

Rosyjuly29

I am running on 32 weeks with gestational diabetes. My fasting number was normal before but nowadays it is raising up. I always take bed time snack before bed - milk cheese and nuts. Is there any snacks which can bring fasting number down ?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Rosyjuly29 Can I move this to the Gestational section for you so you get appropriate responses?

Have you tried omitting the milk in your snack? Have you tried other snacks eg oatcakes and peanut butter?

Are you n any medication?

Reactions: gvintagedrken

Rosyjuly29

@azure: Please go ahead.

I am not on medication. i am trying to control those readings with diet. Yes i tried removing milk from my night time snacks. But it is not helping. I haven't tried any other snacks.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Greek yoghurt is another idea :)

I'd experimemt with other snacks like Ryvita and cheese, oatcake and peanut butter, etc, and see if you can find one that works for you. Some ladies recommend a glass of water too to keep hydrated.

Later on in pregnancy if you're having trouble sleeping, that can put your blood sugar up a little too.

Gemsydodger

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Try a nature valley protein cereal bar... Poundland had the packs for £1 last week so I cleared the shelf lol!

They don't really move my bloods, they keep it steady... I've read that they don't work for some, so it's trial and error.

And theyre very tasty, unlike most of the things you try to limit yourself to when you have this!