Type 2 How to follow other members

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I’m still very new to all this but have seen some people and had some people give me good advice, how do I follow them? I’m not very techy. Thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you using the app or accessing through the website?

If the website then click on the members name that you want to follow
A black box should open up
Click on the members name in orange in the box which takes you to their "homepage"
In the top right of this page are the options report, follow and ignore.
Click on whichever you wish.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never understood the follow option. It doesn't appear to do anything, or have I been missing something for the last 4 years?

Reactions: flexi06

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never understood the follow option. It doesn't appear to do anything, or have I been missing something for the last 4 years?
I'm guessing you get notified if your person posts.. we can test it .. I'll follow you and see what happens..

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, but I'm sure I tried this years ago and nothing happened. Let's see.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep that was a dismal failure..
Nothing happened.. @DCUKMod do you know what shoudl happen if I follow @Bluetit1802 ?
I have just read the interactions between yourself and bluetit and have selected to follow you to see if anything happens I haven’t chosen to follow anyone up til now but yesterday was notified that someone has chosen to follow me so it will be interesting to see what happens?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a notification that you are now following me.. (stalker! hehe) but that's i....t well I got the notification that you had quoted my post but I get that anyway...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a notification that you are now following me.. (stalker! hehe) but that's i....t well I got the notification that you had quoted my post but I get that anyway...

I haven't even had a notification that either you or Jayney are following me. :banghead:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep that was a dismal failure..
Nothing happened.. @DCUKMod do you know what shoudl happen if I follow @Bluetit1802 ?

I have absolutely no clue as I have never actually followed anyone. I'll ask, but realistically, I'm not likely to get a response from the person I need before tomorrow.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have absolutely no clue as I have never actually followed anyone. I'll ask, but realistically, I'm not likely to get a response from the person I need before tomorrow.
No rush but would be interesting to know how it's supposed to work as it doesn't seem to!
Many thanks
M

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hover cursor over your profile pic on the top RH bar - then click "Your News Feed" on the drop down menu - that will show you posts by people you follow.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t understand it either! I have some followers but early on I clicked to follow someone but nothing seemed to happen so I haven’t bothered since! :banghead:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hover cursor over your profile pic on the top RH bar - then click "Your News Feed" on the droip down menu - that will show you posts by people you follow.

Who'd have thunk! Problem solved, not that it was a problem as I've never followed anyone.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha not sure I’ve been called a stalker before nothing really happening for me either, no notifications or alerts other than I got before

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't even had a notification that either you or Jayney are following me. :banghead:
Nothing happening for me either, never mind we’ve managed up til now so shall just continue as before

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing happening for me either, never mind we’ve managed up til now so shall just continue as before
Indy51 has posted a how to find postings for people you follow in post #15. I didn’t see it before I wrote my post at #16!