How to get my levels up again

Rmoulding

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Help! I am type 1 diabetic, I keep going low in the mornings having to be woken up by my partner. Feeling awful all day. I’m not doing anything different. I’m thinking of trying to adjust my levermire night time medicine or to change my insulin ratio on my metre.. any advice would be a great help.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your thinking along the right lines.....which is great......I assume you don't actively adjust your dose.....?

A morning low means too much overnight insulin, so the Levemir.....

This is becasue there is no carbs or bolus insulin working overnight [normally]...which only leaves the Levemir...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi rmoulding it sounds as if your basal insulin may need lowering hope you get it sorted xx:happy:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yeah definitely looks like your Basal (Levemir) needs to be dropped. Try not to drop it by much (maybe 1 unit at a time) and leave for a few days after you have dropped it once as it can take 2-3 days to go thru your system.
Looks like you are getting the hang of your diabetes control. Well done :D

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had this when I first started on the Lantus lows between 4-8am.

I lowered the basal by 2 units and tried for a few days and was waking up with levels of around 7 so I increased it again by 1 unit and a few days later it seems to have worked, well for now anyway.

So I'd agree with doing it unit at a time.