How to get the best result in tests HBa1c ?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 29720
I do not agree with you, my friend When glucose increases hemoglobin, this means a decrease in the transfer of oxygen to the body Because the blood cells are responsible for the transport of oxygen hba1c is not only a measure of blood sugar level in the body within three months

I wasn’t aware glucose increases haemoglobin.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That could be a reasonable point. Certainly one of the symptoms of DKA canbe a shortness of breath?

Edit to add link. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/diabetic-ketoacidosis/
The shortnesss of breath is called “Kussmaul breathing” and is very distinctive. A sort of high pitched sounding, very fast, desperate for breath, real struggle. Having been through that myself, I can tell you it’s not very pleasant.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Just to clarify, HbA1c measures the percentage of haemoglobin molecules that have a glucose molecule attached. It doesn't matter if you were to measure all the haemoglobin in a litre of blood or in one blood cell, as it is a percentage. Note that each blood cell contains about 270,000,000 haemoglobin molecules. So a non diabetic with HbA1c of say 5% would have 13,500,000 haemoglobin molecules in each cell with glucose attached. If you have an HbA1c of 15% then lack of oxygen is going to be the least of your problems.
Thank you for all these clarifications

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
For explain better
The role of hemoglobin is the transfer of oxygen to all organs of the body
But when the hemoglobin is filled with glucose, this task is a failure
For this purpose, members begin to die, such as retinopathy, diabetic foot and kidneys\

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I did (although I’m type one). Kept my BG under really tight control, and got a non diabetic HbA1c of 40.
Well, this is what I wanted, and thank you for sharing this information
Let me give you this example. I hope I do not be silly
It is somewhat like someone who has had children and is poor
But years later he became rich. Naturally, his children who were born in wealth would not know something called poverty

The same thing happens with cells that have lived at a high level of glucose and the other has not lived in a high level of glucose
Four or three months later, only young cells will remain

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well, this is what I wanted, and thank you for sharing this information..

...The same thing happens with cells that have lived at a high level of glucose and the other has not lived in a high level of glucose
Four or three months later, only young cells will remain

You’re welcome :)

I like the analogy, but not all the blood cells are replaced at once, it’s an ongoing process. There will always be cells of all ages, from 0-3 months floating around your system.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I like the analogy, but not all the blood cells are replaced at once, it’s an ongoing process. There will always be cells of all ages, from 0-3 months floating around your system.
Yes, of course, this is what is called eAG
Suppose that someone has 33 percent of the cells carrying 10 percent of the glucose And 33 percent of his body cells carry 7 percent of glucose And 33 percent of newly born cells in a healthy environment with 4 percent glucose
that mean 10+7+4 =21/3 =7

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You’re welcome :)

For those who like figures, red blood cells are produced continuously at a rate of about 2,400,000 per second.

Reactions: LooperCat

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Example
Sans tithre.png

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I think I've lost the plot of this thread. I thought it was obvious that the longer you go with blood glucose levels in the "normal" range, the lower your HbA1c results will be. I don't think it's all that complicated. Apart from donating blood or using injected insulin or an insulin stimulating med, the only way to get the best possible HbA1c result is to not eat any carbs or fast. Am I missing something?

Reactions: HSSS

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've lost the plot of this thread. I thought it was obvious that the longer you go with blood glucose levels in the "normal" range, the lower your HbA1c results will be. I don't think it's all that complicated. Apart from donating blood or using injected insulin or an insulin stimulating med, the only way to get the best possible HbA1c result is to not eat any carbs or fast. Am I missing something?
From my own results - 6 months with a low carb diet (50gm per day) Hba1c of 41 - job done as far as I was concerned

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Yes my friend is as you said
But there is a big and important question
Does the glucose attached to hemoglobin affect pancreatic function? Especially beta cells
If this is the case, it means that the higher the hba1c the higher the pancreas loses the ability to control

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does the glucose attached to hemoglobin affect pancreatic function? Especially beta cells
Even if it did, all you can do to reduce it, is lower the amount of glucose in your blood, which presumably you are doing anyway. If you have a non-diabetic HbA1c then you don't have any more attached glucose than a non-diabetic person.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Yes my friend is as you said
But there is a big and important question
If this is the case, it means that the higher the hba1c the higher the pancreas loses the ability to control

I doubt it. HbA1c is just a proxy for average blood glucose levels. High blood glucose levels do the damage to organs and nerves.

If you really believe it's the glycated haemoglobin that causes damage, then the best thing you can do is to donate blood regularly.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I doubt it. HbA1c is just a proxy for average blood glucose levels. High blood glucose levels do the damage to organs and nerves.

If you really believe it's the glycated haemoglobin that causes damage, then the best thing you can do is to donate blood regularly.
I do not think it's just a measure
Depends on it as a measure only because it has a relationship between glucose levels like c-peptide with insulin
edit
High glucose Wrapped around hemoglobin is Guide of high glucose levels

Last edited:

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I do not think it's just a measure
Depends on it as a measure only because it has a relationship between glucose levels like c-peptide with insulin
edit
High glucose Wrapped around hemoglobin is Guide of high glucose levels
Then you should donate blood as frequently as allowable.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Then you should donate blood as frequently as allowable.
Well, it's a nice plan, or maybe taking iron too much or reducing your carbohydrate intake for at least three months