1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How to Sleep Better?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by johnpham, Jan 17, 2017.

1. johnpham

johnpham · Guest

Because of my headache so I want to know How can I get a better night's sleep?
    Thanks!!!

mod edit: removed advert

#1 johnpham, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:45 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
  2. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

Welcome @johnpham :)

Can you explain a little more? How are your blood sugars? Do you have a headache every night or just sometimes?

Are you on any medication for your diabetes?

3. johnpham

johnpham · Guest

My blood Sugar is Ok. I always have headache on day. I usually work with computer.
    Blood pressure is 94/60.

Mod edit: removed advert links

#3 johnpham, Jan 18, 2017 at 7:00 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
  4. Confucius

Confucius Prediabetes · Member

@johnpham Is it possible that your headache is caused by using computer too much? If so, avoid using it. I used to use computer a lot too. It is not good. It's better to get up and do some stretch of upper body and legs after one hour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

Ok - then getting your eyes tested would be a good start. You could also look at getting a screen that reduces glare from your computer. Your employer should be able to,check your work position is right - that is, you're the correct distance from the computer screen, etc.

Looking away from the screen at regular intervals is also a good thing to do as it gives your eyes a break. Look away for a few seconds at regular intervals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook