HPLC for type 1 - supportive clinicians in the UK?

Lego_chemist

Hi All, this is my first post. My son (9) has been diagnosed for a year now with type 1, we've got it fairly well controlled (HBA1C 6.1%, TIR 4-7mmol/L about 88%) and after a few months of intensive sugar surfing with the conventional "eatwell plate" diet, we have slowly transitioned to a high protein, low carb diet for all the family, which makes everything a lot easier for us, particularly exercise, though we're fairly flexible about it (we have to be, due to school randomly giving them food!). Could anyone recommend a paediatric team which is supportive of HPLC eating? Ideally one which also supports CamAPS FX (which we currently use), so Leeds, Nottingham, Southampton, Cambridge, Southport, Newcastle, UCL is a vague shortlist that I know support CamAPS FX, but I don't know their views on HPLC. I'd like to have a team we can talk to about bolusing for protein etc, and tackling the night rises. Also on the wish-list is the possibility of funding the Dexcom and CamAPS FX but that might not be possible. I also wondered if there were any UK-based low carb groups (I only know the US-based ones) or high protein, low-carb summer camps for kids? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks.