Humulin 70/30 UK Equivalent

Shakkhalid

Hi guys
I need a bit of help please.
I have an uncle visiting from abroad and he unfortunately lost/misplaced some of his insulin. He normally has Humulin 70/30.
Can somrone please advise on a UK equivalent
Any help is really appreciated as we are a bit lost what to do.
Thanks very much.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, is it possible to contact his healthcare team first?
I had a similar situation in the Netherlands where I needed medication but they gave me the equivalent. However it was the wrong medication - same components but it worked differently.
Different countries may or may not have the same drug but under a different name.

Shakkhalid

Thanks for the reply .
Unfortunately the doctors in Pakistan will not commit to a UK equivalent as they do not know what is available here

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the reply .
Unfortunately the doctors in Pakistan will not commit to a UK equivalent as they do not know what is available here
Thats unfortunate, did you ask his doctors what he can do in the mean time? have you asked a pharmacist? There are combination insulins in the UK, if he has health insurance you can take your uncle to the doctor ?

Shakkhalid

Thats unfortunate, did you ask his doctors what he can do in the mean time? have you asked a pharmacist?

The doctors have told us to find the UK equivalent which is of little help unfortunately.
We have also been to a couple of local pharmacies and spoken to the pharmacists. They have said that this is out of the area of their expertise as it is a bit too specific.
I know some of the guys here are very very clued up and thought this would be a good place to try.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The doctors have told us to find the UK equivalent which is of little help unfortunately.
We have also been to a couple of local pharmacies and spoken to the pharmacists. They have said that this is out of the area of their expertise as it is a bit too specific.
I know some of the guys here are very very clued up and thought this would be a good place to try.
It is a difficult situation and I'm very sorry, I think the best bet is seeing a doctor or try and find an endocrinologist on a short notice.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Shakkhalid ,

Welcome to the forum.

Frustrating as the situation is, we can't advise on alternative branded equivalent medications. That is for a health care proffessional..

Have you tried dialling the NHS helpline 111.?

rochari

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Without doubt see a medical professional but I feel sure the UK equivalent of your father's insulin is Humulin M3. I've been on it for years and it is a 70/30 mix (70% Isophane/30% Soluble).

Last edited:

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Humalin M3 is I believe is the equivalent. BUT you'll need to go see the Dr first to make sure and get the appropriate paperwork etc.