Hungry.........

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it is more full fat - that is the description on the yoghurt, I use butter rather than 'spread', small amounts of light olive oil for frying and roasting. I buy chicken legs or thighs rather than skinless fillets, cheaper mince and joints, eat kippers and other oily fish.
We are told that fat makes you fat - but it seems to be the reverse, eating fats starts fat burning, also called ketosis, but we need to make sure that is not confused with the high glucose high ketone dangerous situation which results from a lack of insulin.
Type twos more often than not start off with too much insulin, which is called the fat producing hormone. It causes the products of digesting carbohydrate to be stashed away in the form of fat.
Humans seem to be rather like hybrid vehicles, we can take various fuels, but the one we do best on seems to be fats. If we eat carbs then the liver has to drop everything else and deal with it, so we revert to burning glucose. The only thing more urgent for the liver is dealing with alcohol.
Dr Atkins based his way of eating on low carb with full fat foods, and had great sucess with many patients. I have not restricted calories in the last three years since diagnosis but am almost 50 lb down from the last weight I noted down before diagnosis - I probably went even higher eating a diet supposed to lower cholesterol - I was almost spherical.

NorfolkNic

Wow that sounds an amazing way to eat and lose weight and keep on top of your blood sugars too. Thank you so so much, I will be doing research on the keto way of eating xx