Hyperlipotrophy. Doing something about it.

BigRedSwitch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Seem my signature! :)
Ha! Only nearly...? :p

I had some issues with hypos - I'd become aware of them too late - but with a pump, because you remove the need for the analogue insulin (your Lantus), you no longer 'lose control' when you have a hypo. I've been 1.8 and still able to function fully and hold a normal conversation... :)

As for tubes - my cannula is around 15 cm long. Where I have the connection on my body (the side of my buttock/top of my leg) means I just pop it in my pocket, and it just looks like a pager...

Honestly? After 38 years of being diabetic, this was like winning the lottery, and I'd sooner give up an eye than lose it...

Very best of luck with everything to do with your cancer - you seem like a very strong and positive person - I'm sure everything is going to work out for you... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Manodeldios

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who make poor lifestyle choices when they have a choice!
Hi. Still none mail not even in junk lol! How are you? How is your post op stomach? X

Manodeldios

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I second the pump comments. I was on the original trials and in 1999 took up the pump. I can't imagine life without it. It revolutionised my type 1 care. The pump allowed me to completely control my type 1 after 20 years of injecting :)

Manodeldios

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Remember these from the very late 70s? Mine was blue!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1424805264.967299.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

Manodeldios

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Wow. I'm seeing my surgeon in 20th x

Manodeldios

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi mangobe. The hyperlipotriohy is a different sort of fat hence they are not able to re use it. It is the same reason it doesn't dissipate with diet and exercise. A friend had a double mastectomy and had abdominoplasty post chemo. They used ordinary fat which had accumulated on top of her super tight abs during chemo to build her new boobs. Good luck xxxxx

Manodeldios

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi mangobe. I self fund cgms through dexcom. It is not an alternative to testing as it is only really useful for predicting trends. I use mine one week out of every four. I've had pumps for 16 years (injected for 20 years prior) I had pumps with tubing for 15 years and 6m on Omnipod. There are benefits and pitfalls to both. My hyperlipotriohy was caused by my pump infusion for 15 years around my abdomen upper and lower. I could not imagine going back to being controlled by injections. Pumps are like someone opening a door to a new life. Go for it xxx

BigRedSwitch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Seem my signature! :)
Hey Manodeldios - I've sent you a private message on here too. Did that arrive?

Manodeldios

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not sure. Will check now! Been so busy with work!