Hyper's on Keto Diet?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of interest did you actually get the numbers from all your tests along with ranges? Whilst your gp sounds much more enlightened than many it’s possible you are at the far end of normal for something and some nhs “normals” are fairly extreme and still able to be symptomatic for some people. Did these tests include thyroid?

You mentioned a couple of weeks back the tiredness was improving daily and now it’s got worse again? Any idea what changed to make it worse again?

Last idea, you are doing keto for a few months now, what sort of amounts of fats are you doing? Some people deliberately eat to the full amount of the fat macro and really don’t need to be. Fat in keto is a lever, to ensure satiety. Only eat enough to feel full. And the body will always burn dietary fat before body fat. Could you be eating more fat than you personally need?

Finally have you measured as well as weighed? Sometimes when there’s a lot of metabolic healing to be done the scales take a while with bloods and inches showing the changes sometime before the scales.

Adm_Mad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I need to calorie restrict as well as carb constrict, otherwise my blood glucose soars and stays high even if all I’ve eaten for nearly a week is ground beef, bacon, salt, pepper, water and a few cabbage leaves.

This is a very complicated disease and the same solutions don’t work for everyone. I know you need to be a brave type 2 diabetic indeed though to stick your neck out and say that you personally can’t manage your disease by just following a keto or low carb high fat diet without any consideration for other calorie or nutritional factors. :)

Last edited:

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
……………………...
This is a very complicated disease and the same solutions don’t work for everyone. I know you need to be a brave type 2 diabetic indeed though to stick your neck out and say that you personally can’t manage your disease by just following a keto or low carb high fat diet without any consideration for other calorie or nutritional factors. :)

Hi Adm_Mad.
Is this Forum really that bad?
I have seen little other than tolerance and acceptance that some tings work for one person but not for another.
We have enough problems with the medical establishment without undermining fellow members.

I think I ought to control my total calories, but that is because I am so greedy and love cheese and nuts so much. Fortunately my BG and weight control themselves. But I recognise that my 'non-diet' diet would not work for everyone - especially those on medication.