Hypertension

hazelzac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am pre diabetic and on keto diet suddenly I developed some symptoms like dizziness and brain fog I went to my doctor he checked my blood pressure it was high 160/110 , he said it is due to anxiety and stress as I am mother of 2 young kids and focussing on my career too but Otherwise i am happy in my life but yes i can't get enough sleep.During keto diet I was consuming atleast 1liter of coke zero per day and almost half a pack of salted peanuts (200g) .I don't drink water quite often.I have purchased bp app and my blood pressure is continuously high like 160/110 to 140/95 .

I will not drink coke zero
I will not have salted peanuts
I will try to relax

My bmi is 23.7
Hba1c 4.7 (28%)

I need All of the suggestions and all the advices

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I am pre diabetic and on keto diet suddenly I developed some symptoms like dizziness and brain fog I went to my doctor he checked my blood pressure it was high 160/110 , he said it is due to anxiety and stress as I am mother of 2 young kids and focussing on my career too but Otherwise i am happy in my life but yes i can't get enough sleep.During keto diet I was consuming atleast 1liter of coke zero per day and almost half a pack of salted peanuts (200g) .I don't drink water quite often.I have purchased bp app and my blood pressure is continuously high like 160/110 to 140/95 .

I will not drink coke zero
I will not have salted peanuts
I will try to relax

My bmi is 23.7
Hba1c 4.7 (28%)

I need All of the suggestions and all the advices
A little bit of meditation and mindfulness goes a long way too and yeah cutting out the artificial sweeteners is a great move. Perhaps if you get a nut craving go for something a little more low carb like macadamia nuts or pecans? Having kids around always piles on the stress though so I really cannot blame you there. Some sleep hygiene too would really help out a lot like blocking blue light before bed or having blackout curtains. I just hope you can get back onto the right track soon!

Reactions: hazelzac

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Along with high blood sugars I have also had hypertension. However, as my blood sugar has come down and my weight has come down on an LCHF diet (not keto in my case) my hypertension is dropping too.

Footnote. Upping activity levels has helped too. I recently started a new job with physical effort involved whereas before I was deskbound. It seems to make a significant difference to my blood pressure readings.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi hazel, dropping the Coke is a good idea as there is a belief that caffeine can raise your blood pressure.
My own experience of hypertension is that for several years before my type 2 diagnosis I had hypertension which wasn’t controlled on two meds. After diagnosis I got my blood sugars under control and lost a shed load of weight. My BP has improved to the point where I have reduced one med and stopped the other completely. I also retired from a stressful job so I agree with @Caeseji that finding some ways to reduce your stress would be good. There are some mindful apps available.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's stress causing hypertension, shouldn't it come back down sometimes when a person eventually relaxes? Mine does I think. I've had some high reading in pregnancy and early postpartum with all the hormones but while in hospital at least one nurse got around my white coat reaction and snuck in to check my levels after I'd had a bit of a nap and they had dropped from 160/90 to 140/80. Still a bit high but the drop was why they wrote it off as anxiety.
I take Valerian Root when I feel stressed. I've only tried this one product, which is mild but suits me, except it comes from the US so I can't easily get a hold of it. The name is Calmzyme by Transformation. But other similar local products may be just as good.

Reactions: hazelzac