Hypo symptoms without the hypo.

I’ve been suffering with my usual symptoms of a hypo (shakiness, lack of concentration, increased hunger, light headedness, fatigue) for the last 48 hours. However, when testing, my glucose readings have been within normal range and nowhere near a reading which would cause such symptoms.

All that is different is I have changed my usual basal (lantus) dosage from 23 units at 8:30pm to 10 units at 8:30pm and 12 units at 8:30am. I changed to this dosage around a week ago so does not correlate with my recent symptoms.

Has anyone ever experienced this before or know what might be causing this?

I feel dreadful and would really appreciate any help.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been suffering with my usual symptoms of a hypo (shakiness, lack of concentration, increased hunger, light headedness, fatigue) for the last 48 hours. However, when testing, my glucose readings have been within normal range and nowhere near a reading which would cause such symptoms.

All that is different is I have changed my usual basal (lantus) dosage from 23 units at 8:30pm to 10 units at 8:30pm and 12 units at 8:30am. I changed to this dosage around a week ago so does not correlate with my recent symptoms.

Has anyone ever experienced this before or know what might be causing this?

Hello, are you stressed? suffer from anxiety? have you eaten anything? stayed hydrated?
I have suffered something similar last year, but it was more of shakiness, racing heart beat and headache so I took a few deep breaths and tried to relax, it did solve some of the symptoms. I wasn't low either, my bg readings at the time were normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: EllieM
Hey MeiChanski

Thank you for your prompt reply. I’m not particularly stressed, nor am I suffering from anxiety. There has not been anything to cause a reaction such as these symptoms.

I guess I’ll work it out eventually. This diabetes gig is a nightmare sometimes!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

I don't think this is necessarily diabetes (unless you've been running high enough to get false hypos). I'd go and see a GP asap, though I agree with @MeiChanski that stress/anxiety/panic attack could be a cause.

Consider ringing 111 for advice in the mean time.