Hypoband for sale

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
If anyone is interested I have put an almost unused Hypoband onto eBay with a starting price of £50.
It is no use to me as I am Type 2, it belongs to my daughter who developed Type 1 steroid induced diabetes, and then simply recovered over the next six months! They said her pancreas had been temporarily stunned, not permanently.
I imagine this would be very useful to someone else, so we are selling it on.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my daughter who developed Type 1 steroid induced diabetes

There is no such thing as type 1 steroid induced diabetes. Type 1 is an autoimmune disease and cannot be steroid induced. There is steroid induced type 2 diabetes.

Im pleased your daughter has recovered. Type 1 diabetes is an incurable life long condition.

alhubb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think she may have meant type 1 in the old sense as being insulin dependent

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Well, the doctors told her she was Type 1. She was admitted to hospital with DKA.
I am not going to disagree with anyone because I suspect a lot of doctors are not too clear on what is and isn't Type1 diabetes, and I'm no expert.
She initially needed insulin. Her situation may have been complicated by the fact that she had terminal cancer. Who knows?
If the Hypoband doesn't sell on eBay I will offer it on here free to anyone who needs it.

alhubb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You have no need to argue with anyone, if you were told it was type 1, she had type 1. No one here can disagree with her diagnosis as they don't have the full facts like the dr's do