Status
Not open for further replies.

Shax72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Long time no post.........

Had a pretty hard day at the office friday....... shortly after 2 hypos smacked me across the snitch. Was busy at home all day Saturday, but - thinking of the impending start to ANOTHER week at work !!! Result...... ?....... six or seven (one really big un at 1am !! It was an incredibly stressful day working friday -

Anyone else noticed the link before ?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Yes, it is commonly listed as a possible cause for Hypoglycaemia. Here is just one such list from an inormation leaflet about Hypo's.

‘Hypos’ can have a number of causes:
• Eating too little
• Delayed or missed meals/snacks
• Exercising more than usual, e.g.
– Spring-cleaning the house
– Digging the garden
– Dancing at a party
• Too much insulin
• Too many tablets for diabetes
• Alcohol
Stress or illness
• Hot weather

Had a few in my time.........you just need to be aware all the time of those things that can affect your Bg levels besides food.

Shax72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
..............and until those such occurances happen ....one is un-aware. as per usual Cugila - you treat everyone as an imbecile and give them a sermon as opposed to a general answer. The reason I do not post is simple. YOU.

My post was asking about people in general in the working environment, and having a stessful day. You seem more interested in preaching and giving your opinion, rather than answer the immediate topic. I dare say this will be my FINAL post as you and the other blinkered mods will delete my login. Well bully for you Mr Evangalist. Kindly jog on. I for one will not miss you !!!!!

Ta taa

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Oh dear. :(

Since you asked a question and I gave you a concise answer I fail to see why I am deserving of such a nasty response from you.

Your post has been noted and passed to an Administrator for review.

Shax72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A concise answer would have been about the topic - STRESS AND HYPOS -not a freaking article on everything relating to hypos.

Obviuosly living in the West Midlands is completely boring and you have nothing better to do with your time. IF you do not like my replies- its quite simple

DONT REPLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am quite happy to listen to the advice of people that have something of relevance in response.

Awww, "passed it on to an administrator" - bless you - where shall I go for my detention ?

Moron. Just answer the question in hand and try not to PERSISTANTLY preach.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Your rude and insulting posts have been locked for all to see and as stated they are being reviewed by an Administrator. You will be contacted in due course.

Please refrain from posting personal insulting remarks on this Forum. It is against Forum rules and can lead to further action.

cugila
Forum Monitor

Snodger

I'm avoiding the argument.. but still interested in the topic... am I still allowed to comment?
in answer to Shax72, yes, definitely have noticed how stress ramps up the hypos. For ages though I didn't believe it because logically, stress = adrenaline = hyper not hypo. Then I realised that thinking logically rarely helps with diabetes; it's more of an art really. I've heard other diabetics saying that being scared makes them hypo. I've also heard doctors say it's not possible because of the adrenaline/higher sugar 'theory'. who knows best...?

benedict

Administrator
Hi Shax72

Cugila posted an answer, which was not impolite. Sure you may have seen it as 'preachy' but this doesn't warrant a small tirade.

If you don't value a response, just let it go and wait for others to comment.

Stress and hypoglycaemia can go hand in hand with me I find.

Sometimes it pushes my sugar levels up but I find that it can also have the opposite effect. Personally, and it might just be me, I think hypos result from stress because the stress helps to 'mask' the symptoms of a hypo -hence why some of my big hypos have occurred during times of stress. :?

Benedict

benedict

Administrator
In other words, I feel that the biological effect of stress is to put sugars up, but ...

at some point, a correction will be needed via insulin (where insulin dependent) and this I feel is step 1 in where stress can lead to a hypo.

There may be more factors at work here, but in countering higher blood glucose levels, a hypo is always there ready to strike.

Step 2: The fact that one is stressed can mean that it is significantly harder to notice a hypo coming on, and therefore bad hypos can commonly result.

That's my personal theory at least :?

Benedict

Shax72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Snodger,

I was always lead to believe that adrenaline was a natural form of glucose- a post on another topic - Sleep Hypos mentioned the same.

Confusing, I guess it tends to change on merit with every instance - I remember a BDA advertising campaign from years ago.....

The Rubix Cube...... not as complicated as Diabetes............!!!!!

sugar2

Stress tends to raise my blood sugars..but just goes to show we are all different.

I think, as you have just discoved that stress cause you hypos...you really should try and relax a little. If this is how you react to someone trying to offer you some help, no wonder work is stressful! :shock:

Shax72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Aww gee - thanks sugar2 - i will for sure bear that in mind. Its so refreshing to know that we are all different and not as condescending as some people !!!!!!!!!

Like others that jump on the bandwagon - you have also seriously missed the point, and the "forum monitor " (now highlighted in bold typeface - just to hammer it home a tad more) has once again screamed at the teacher because someone challenged the font of all knowledge.

I think I will refrain from posting from here on on. Mebe yourself and one or two others will be pleased. I could not care less to be honest - you do not know me, you do not know the situation that I was involved in in regards to the work environment- you do not even know what I do for a living.

Again - I was looking for a balanced form of opinion - not some misguided school yard pinching and pushing. Snodger and Benedict provided that, so am happy that at least two people read and understood the point.

I'm off to relax with my two lovely kids and my missus......just dont let your arrogance hit you on the **** on the way out- before the door does.

benedict

Administrator
Sadly this discussion is staying locked because of the personal attacks of character.

If people have a problem with what someone's said, please find other ways to question what they've said rather than launching into personal attacks.

Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.