Type 2 Hypo's Or Anxiety

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon all my friends the symptons I often see on here regarding Hypos are much the same as (GAD)Anxiety which I have had for over 30 years ,ie light headiness,nausea etc now I'm wondering if sometimes some of my fellow sufferers just maybe have anxiety and are not having hypos,just a serious question ,Its just puzzling me.Thank you:)

Sue81

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon all my friends the symptons I often see on here regarding Hypos are much the same as (GAD)Anxiety which I have had for over 30 years ,ie light headiness,nausea etc now I'm wondering if sometimes some of my fellow sufferers just maybe have anxiety and are not having hypos,just a serious question ,Its just puzzling me.Thank you:)

I have social anxiety and suffer hypos. Sometimes the only way to tell the difference is to test my blood sugar. If it's low it's a hypo and I can fix it. If my sugars are okay I know to try my anxiety coping methods.

Reactions: wiseowl_123

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would agree. The only way to know which is which, is to test at the time.
But my own experience is that there are strong links between particular blood glucose levels and a whole range of moods, both high and low.

Reactions: wiseowl_123

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It is known that low blood glucose levels do create symptoms of anxiety and mood swings, anger, rage and every other **** stupid mental thing! (Sorry!)
But that is how I remember it!
I have no idea that the reverse is true, I always thought that the likes of stress and being totally frustrated raised levels.
But it's always wise to second guess!:banghead::arghh:;)