Hypos

Elizabeth 89

Has anyone exsperienced having low blood sugar and having no symptoms, my blood dropped to 1.9 ect and I'm having no symptoms it's scary I don't want my body to get imune to it

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Elizabeth 89 unfortunately if you've been experiencing hypos frequently then your body just get's used to them and you can lose hypo awareness. Getting hypo awareness back means running slightly higher for a period of time until this comes back but requires regular testing and monitoring, are you in touch with your diabetic team ? If you are then you'll need to review your care with them. It's also useful if you have the Libre to help with monitoring, are you using this ?

Elizabeth 89

I only see my nurse and that's not often only to get diabetic reviews, and now I can't even get in contact with the doctor's with the situation going on in the world right now. I only have a blood mointering kit ,I've brought my insulin down but don't seem to be getting anywhere so feel like I'm out of ideas

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Elizabeth 89 In the absence of having any support during this current crisis I would suggest using your meter regularly to monitor your blood glucose levels and also keeping a diary too as this is something that your team will need to review with you once they are able to.

How often are you testing at the moment ?

Bishop

Hello
To avoid that you need to keep your blood sugars a little bit higher than usual for a while. Keep it around 6-7 for about 3 weeks time and you will begin to feel again the lows.
Here is a very useful video on how to treat lows. Maybe you can find that useful.