Hypothyroidism, hypertension and t2d.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all. Does any one else have all 3 of these?
I have just found out in the last 5 weeks that I have all of these. Still trying to get the correct hypothyroidism levels which takes forever.
Any tips, things that help etc?
My t2d seems ok. I have now got a metre, thanks daisy , and my highest reading has been 7.1 ,90 minutes after eating. I do seem to have high early morning readings tho, with nothing below 5.4. Is this too high?
Many thanks, Lyn.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Yes, I've got all three. The first two are controlled with medication and my T2 is mainly controlled by diet.

Yes, I also have higher fasting tests too - which really annoys me but I can only get rid of it by going Zero Carb. Unfortunately, for me, Zero Carb is too boring to do all the time.

5.4 is a perfect fasting level. :)

Sorry, I haven't got any tips about hypothyroidism - I don't recall having any symptoms - I was diagnosed as the result of a blood test and have had my meds increased also due to the results of a blood test. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and T2 at the same time which is probably why I didn't pick on the thyroid symptoms.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just two out of the three.
The replacement pills for a defunct thyroid can't be ramped up too fast or there is a real possibility of palpitations and other unpleasant side effects, and I think that there are possibilities of the medication for Type 2 altering the body's reaction to low thyroid and so masking it.
I was about 6 months into thyroid treatment before I was settled on the dose I seemed to need, but even the first few weeks on a low dose made me feel better.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I had hypothyroidism first. Well diagnosed first. Then hypertension in 1st pregnancy which I couldnt lose it thereafter. :( I ate a text book diet (eatwell) and had huge amounts of insulin without adding weight other than baby and water in sac. Once I stopped insulin therapy I added weight. (Both times).
Diabetes type 2 was diagnosed the most recently. Well 14yrs ago. Severe insulin resistance by endocrologist 3yrs ago.
I've at long last agreed to bariatric surgery to reduce it.
I'm sure the weight loss will help. Unfortunately IR has no known cure just management.
Some argue it is a rogue gene. Maybe my children's embryos will be screened for it in 20yrs time.
Like sickle cell and other diseases it can be controlled for the sake of humanity.
Unless there is a breakthrough for damaging genes.

These 3 conditions are called metabolic syndrome. I believe.
Well not sure hypothyroidism is included.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all for the replies. Sorry it has taken me a while to thank you all but for some reason this site seems to take for ever to load and then I just dont bother.
Its really helpful to know that its not so unusual to have all three things.