I’m Pregnant!

Moosh97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I recently found out that me and my partner are expecting a little bundle of joy, I’m a type one diabetic and very nervous about what to expect and how to cope during pregnancy.

If anyone has any advice and tips to help me with I’d be so grateful.

Thank you

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

All I can contribute is congratulations.. To you & your partner/hubby.

I've already been mistaken for a girl elswhere on the forum. (Please don't ask.)

You will be brilliant! :)

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Tell your team asap. Take folic acid. Have a dance round the kitchen to celebrate, there is hard work ahead but you'll manage.

Moosh97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have doctors on Tuesday, I’ve put myself on a strict diet. Stopped the energy drinks, smoking etc I’m currently sticking to drinking water and limiting my self to fizzy drinks

Jim D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have doctors on Tuesday, I’ve put myself on a strict diet. Stopped the energy drinks, smoking etc I’m currently sticking to drinking water and limiting my self to fizzy drinks
It maybe harder than before but congrats and stay strong for you and your new family xx

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Congrats @Moosh97. I have had two successful pregnancies. We are all different but you will probably find you need less insulin in the first trimester but then your needs will change & you'll gradually need more insulin. You will need to ensure that you are checking your BG constantly throughout. Your baby will more than likely be slightly bigger than average.
Wish you all the best!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats on the pregnancy.
I seem to inadvertently been following you around today. You're responding to very, very old posts on here (the baby is likely walking and talking by now), and because of that they keep popping up in my "recent activity".... So I end up replying to posts that are by now, rather redundant, haha.

Anyway, you're new here, so I thought I'd say hi, and welcome to the forum. Is there anything you need help with, diabetes-wise, or is there anything we can do?

Again, welcome, and sorry for being a stalker, I didn't realise what was happening. :)
Jo

tobythekid123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seem to inadvertently been following you around today. You're responding to very, very old posts on here (the baby is likely walking and talking by now), and because of that they keep popping up in my "recent activity".... So I end up replying to posts that are by now, rather redundant, haha.

Anyway, you're new here, so I thought I'd say hi, and welcome to the forum. Is there anything you need help with, diabetes-wise, or is there anything we can do?

Again, welcome, and sorry for being a stalker, I didn't realise what was happening. :)
Jo
Hi Jo. Sorry was just new to the forum, so nosing around to get started and understand what people have been talking about / like to talk about. Thanks for the message. For me, it's more just to feel part of a community mainly but I am keen to learn a few hacks especially around food. I don't necessarily feel I have this community normally as most people I know don't have it.

p.s. thanks for letting me know about the dates. I actually thought it was an announcement from the other day but I checked and it's from 2018. oops.

Helen40

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jo. Sorry was just new to the forum, so nosing around to get started and understand what people have been talking about / like to talk about. Thanks for the message. For me, it's more just to feel part of a community mainly but I am keen to learn a few hacks especially around food. I don't necessarily feel I have this community normally as most people I know don't have it.

p.s. thanks for letting me know about the dates. I actually thought it was an announcement from the other day but I checked and it's from 2018. oops.
I just did the same and had to delete a lengthy response lol