I actually "now" love my Almond Flour Bread!

G0ldengirl68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Icy, cold winds where I live, when I want to be outside ;)
When I first made it I told my sister it tasted like wallpaper paste. But I left the loaf sitting on my counter and kept deciding to have another piece with breakfast, dinner etc. I almost threw it away but I am hooked! Up this a.m. and subscribed to the gal that does the video recipe, and found lot of other on her site I want to try out, like pancakes!! I am looking for a Maple Syrup, and found one I might try. You add a bit of your fave sweetener if you have one :)

I feel so much better again today. I am off the Metformin for a week just to see how it all goes for me. My numbers are acceptable but hoping to bring them down. I am on very, low carbs, and lots of proteins and healthy fats. Doing my walks, 2 miles per 1/2 hour, and my pushups for now. Want to add more body-weight type workouts.

Anyway, I am excited about all the recipes I'm seeing out there for us!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I 'invented' a pancake batter with what I had to hand, but now feel that I ought to do more experimenting as I have developed some good dishes
The cauliflower bake is well liked, the sugar free jellies are so useful, and can be made to set quickly with frozen fruit, yoghurt or cream can be whipped in, or it can be poured over home made almond sponge after the sherry, real custard is great, and it can be whipped and frozen to make ice cream, I do a mean soufflé omelette, and cheese waffles with extra thick bacon - yum!
The basic pancake mix is eggs and mozzarella cheese, but I might try various additives to see which works best. The addition of psyllium flour was OK for the first pancake, but I added too much. I ate them with lemon juice and granular artificial sweetener.
So many things can be made suitable for low carbing with a bit of trying out and improvisation.

Reactions: G0ldengirl68

G0ldengirl68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Icy, cold winds where I live, when I want to be outside ;)
I 'invented' a pancake batter with what I had to hand, but now feel that I ought to do more experimenting as I have developed some good dishes
The cauliflower bake is well liked, the sugar free jellies are so useful, and can be made to set quickly with frozen fruit, yoghurt or cream can be whipped in, or it can be poured over home made almond sponge after the sherry, real custard is great, and it can be whipped and frozen to make ice cream, I do a mean soufflé omelette, and cheese waffles with extra thick bacon - yum!
The basic pancake mix is eggs and mozzarella cheese, but I might try various additives to see which works best. The addition of psyllium flour was OK for the first pancake, but I added too much. I ate them with lemon juice and granular artificial sweetener.
So many things can be made suitable for low carbing with a bit of trying out and improvisation.
Hard to get off the computer when I finding so many great ideas. Thanks for all your additions to my file!! :p