I am going

marti

to the diabetes clinic tomorrow as i been suffering from alot of lows in the morning.

question does low blood sugar cause bad headaches????

MaryJ

Hi Marti

Good luck with the clinic,

Don't know the answer I'm afraid my guess would be yes but it could also be any number of things i.e not drinking enough water.

sure a more experienced member will be along soon

xxx

A

Anonymous

hi Marti.... having had a lot of hypos myself, I get bad brain fog afterwards... so I would think a headache is possible from the hypo for some. I tend to get headaches if my BGL is too high. But a hypo itself is actually draining your brain of glucose which it needs for energy so maybe your body's reaction to that is a headache? We're all different really. Sometimes I am nauseated after a hypo too... it probably just depends on so many factors happening at the time. I hope the clinic can help to resolve it for you.

marti

they helped me they lowered my night time lantus to 50units from 60 units and i am still on 100 units in the morning

A

Anonymous

oh cool.... hopefully that works for you :thumbup: That's what they tend to do with me... get me to drop my basal units. But I still manage to get hypos from that.... then my BGLs get too high during the day so they then tell me to increase my basal. Like a yo-yo really. :lol:

A

Anonymous

my endo wants me on 16 units every night. But I've just dropped it to 15 units. I've been down to 10 units and as high as 19 units. I don't have a high dosage because my body still produces it's own insulin, although not enough. It does make it hard I guess using the basal for me. I haven't been given a choice either... I've been told I must stay on insulin.

A

Anonymous

yeah, everyone is different with their dosages.... it depends on what your body needs. I've heard of some people on higher dosages commenting that they think they have a problem with insulin resistance and they were looking into going on meds for that. Metformin I know is used for insulin resistance... although I was on that drug for years and I didn't tolerate it very well at all... plus it didn't work on me.

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you two tried lowering your carbs to take the strain off the system? It might help you smooth out your roller coaster ride.

A

Anonymous

hi Etty... yes I did low carbing too.... it didn't work for me. My insulin production is too low my endocrinologist advised me and I have to be on insulin nowdays. They can't use medications on me like they used to as they are completely ineffective as they rely on your body being able to produce enough insulin in the first instance. I've had type 2 for 14 years.... so you live and learn and you definitely go through stages with this condition. Everytime I've questioned anything... the answer I get is "it's progressive". Food isn't the only thing that impacts on diabetes and I've learnt that over the years. Although in my opinion, insulin for me has been the only thing that has worked effectively. I'm on low doses... I'm quite careful still with what I eat. I do not do the high fat low carb thing.... I stick to lean proteins and low GI carb options.