I am thinking about exercise , please help

Yogibear39

I have done exercises before .

I do for 2 or 4 weeks then i stop due to work related issues .

Which exercise is better ?

running or the home gym workouts .

I don't have time to do both

Please help :)

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The best exercise is the one you enjoy so that you will maintain it.
It doesn't matter whether it is home gym, running, walking, cycling, gardening, dancing, ... if you enjoy it, you are more likely to find time for it and realise it is a great way to unwind after work related issues.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any exercise is good, just find something you enjoy, doesn’t have to be the same all the time, just mix it up

Reactions: In Response

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
There are differences between the differing exercise styles. Doing anything is better than nothing. I would prioritise resistance training over cardio. The cardio I would do is 10 minute walks after eating (and then walking as much as possible incidentally). A full resistance program will build muscle, which is independently a marker of longevity. The muscle centric way assists glucose control by having a larger pot to suck up the glucose independent of insulin. The cumulative effect of building muscle improves fat burning. The sweet spot is power building, which is a mash up of powerlifting (strength), and body building. Body weight exercises such as pushups, lunges, squats, and planks are a good start, if the gym is not possible. If a progressive unbeatable home system is required I use the X3 Bar (X3 Bar Elite Variable Resistance Training System (jaquishbiomedical.com), an alternative is the Maxpro, which I have not used MAXPRO Fitness - The Best Portable Smart Home Gym Equipment & Machine