I beat type 2 now I’m pregnant my sugars are rising.

Nicole22

You see I was diagnosed TYPE2 with a HBA1C of 70 when I was 6 weeks pregnant. My sugars usually sat between 6-10 on either side of meals. I miscarried back in June at about 10 weeks and have worked sooo hard to reduce my HBA1C so we could start too try again. Well I had a review with a diabetes nurse who took my bloods , and my HBA1C came back at 33, kidney and liver and cholesterols came back perfectly healthy , she said I have no signs of even being a diabetic and was confused too why the hospital put me on insulin. Well luckily a few days before I found out I was intact pregnant again and they wanted too take me off insulin as they said I’m not diabetic. And that I probs beat type 2 as I lost 20kg in weight and eat very healthily. I panicked as you do and decided too call the diabetic midwife team at hospital who advised me not to stop my insulin as my sugars had proven to rise again since finding out I was pregnant and to come in the next Opportunity which will be next week. I’m nervous now? Anyone had similar experiences,

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You see I was diagnosed TYPE2 with a HBA1C of 70 when I was 6 weeks pregnant. My sugars usually sat between 6-10 on either side of meals. I miscarried back in June at about 10 weeks and have worked sooo hard to reduce my HBA1C so we could start too try again. Well I had a review with a diabetes nurse who took my bloods , and my HBA1C came back at 33, kidney and liver and cholesterols came back perfectly healthy , she said I have no signs of even being a diabetic and was confused too why the hospital put me on insulin. Well luckily a few days before I found out I was intact pregnant again and they wanted too take me off insulin as they said I’m not diabetic. And that I probs beat type 2 as I lost 20kg in weight and eat very healthily. I panicked as you do and decided too call the diabetic midwife team at hospital who advised me not to stop my insulin as my sugars had proven to rise again since finding out I was pregnant and to come in the next Opportunity which will be next week. I’m nervous now? Anyone had similar experiences,
Sounds more like Gestational Diabetes than the conventional T2 to me... If it's there when you're pregnant and vanishes when you're not... (It is a sign you are likely to develop T2 later on though. So keep a decent low carb diet in mind to avoid that whole thing.).

Just my thoughts though. Can't diagnose on here, but one can hazard a guess. Maybe read up on GD and see whether it fits the bill?

Good luck!
Jo

Nicole22

You see I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic as my HBA1C was diabetic range not gestational or pre diabetic. I worked sooo hard with insulin and diet and lost 20kg and dropped my HBA1C however the nurses seem confused too why I wasn’t taken of insulin strait away. (I was kinda forgotten about). But one is saying I’m no longer diabetic the other is saying I am diabetic so now I’m confused. Maybe il always be diabetic during pregnancy due to hormone changes.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You see I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic as my HBA1C was diabetic range not gestational or pre diabetic. I worked sooo hard with insulin and diet and lost 20kg and dropped my HBA1C however the nurses seem confused too why I wasn’t taken of insulin strait away. (I was kinda forgotten about). But one is saying I’m no longer diabetic the other is saying I am diabetic so now I’m confused. Maybe il always be diabetic during pregnancy due to hormone changes.

Gestational reads the same as T2, there's no difference there, as it's pretty much a message that you're susceptible to T2 and will develop it later on, in all likelihood. You're on insulin, so I'm assuming you've got a meter around? Just keep an eye on your blood sugars and go from there. If they're high when you're pregnant... You might want to keep taking the insulin.