Prediabetes I bought Easybetic from the shop

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
but now the shop seems to be closed and I can’t find any reference to Easybetic?
Hi @Stelladevico , and welcome to the forum!
Can you tell us a bit more about yourself, what type of diabetes you have and what you use this product for?
I think most people on here choose to use dietary adjustments and sometimes prescribed medication to control their diabetes.

Stelladevico

Hi @Stelladevico , and welcome to the forum!
Can you tell us a bit more about yourself, what type of diabetes you have and what you use this product for?
I think most people on here choose to use dietary adjustments and sometimes prescribed medication to control their diabetes.

Hi, I was told a couple of years ago that I was prediabetic and I’m trying to lower my HbA1c.
It is very difficult as I am very thin and struggle to keep weight on.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I found the Facebook page but it says the site is being rebuilt and redirects to Diabetes.co.uk !

The product appears to be a mix of cinnamon, zinc and chromium supplements. Those are highly unlikely to help with managing your pre-diabetes or reducing your HbA1c. What other strategies do you use?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I was told a couple of years ago that I was prediabetic and I’m trying to lower my HbA1c.
It is very difficult as I am very thin and struggle to keep weight on.
Ah, I see. Having had a diagnosis of prediabetes a couple of years back, have you had regular check ups on the prediabetes in the mean time? I mean, do you know where you stand now?

Many of our members keep their blood sugars in a healthy range by adjusting their diet to eat less carbs and enough fats to compensate for the carbs they don't eat. I think that is much more effective than a supplement.

You might find this useful and informative: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

Wish you all the best!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
The product appears to be a mix of cinnamon, zinc and chromium supplements. Those are highly unlikely to help with managing your pre-diabetes or reducing your HbA1c. What other strategies do you use?

Zinc and Chromium improve insulin sensitivity, I use a bit of zinc daily, but not chromium. And due to malabsorbtion, doing so seems to help keep levels in a good range as far as zinc goes. It really impacts on helping lower bg levels for me, even way back before starting on insulin due to insulin deficiency I used to time it with weight training and I just didn't get spikes post workouts.

You obviously wouldn't want to be loading up on zinc if your levels are good and diet should be the first thing addressed in diabetes management if we are talking T2. And taking supplements can lead to imbalances that can cause problems, plus drug interactions etc. So, if you can achieve normal bg levels via diet changes alone, then why spend money on supplements unless there is a deficiency that can't be managed by diet?

Stelladevico

Thanks for the advice but diet alone won’t help me. I only weigh 55 kilos and already avoid unhealthy carbs whenever possible. Trying to keep some weight on without carbs and too much fat is very difficult, and I can easily slip below 55 kilos if I walk more than usual.
I have read various opinions about Ceylon cinnamon helping reduce blood sugar, so though I would try it until my next HbA1c

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your concept of too much fat might be the problem. We had had low fat preached at us for so long, people believe it even in the face of the evidence of the harm it does.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the advice but diet alone won’t help me. I only weigh 55 kilos and already avoid unhealthy carbs whenever possible. Trying to keep some weight on without carbs and too much fat is very difficult, and I can easily slip below 55 kilos if I walk more than usual.
I have read various opinions about Ceylon cinnamon helping reduce blood sugar, so though I would try it until my next HbA1c

Stella, I eat low carb, and have had A1c scores in the 20s-ver low 30s for over 6 years now. My weight skirts +/-49kgs, and also has done for over 6 years.

From time to time I'll gain or lose a kilo, or when I travel, I tend to find yself losing weight, but in reality, my weight is very stable.

It very much is possible to maintain weight on low carb. Personally, I don't drink down double cream, or spread butter on my cheese, but I do use cream in my cooking and am happy eating fattier meats.

My total cholesterol is higher than the NHS like, but the constituent parts are excellent (it just adds up to a bigger number. My doctors are very happy with my health and bloods.

What puts you off taking on board a bit more fat? Does it make you feel unwell, or do you just not think it's a great idea for you?

I'm not looking to make judgements, but trying to help.

Stelladevico

Stella, I eat low carb, and have had A1c scores in the 20s-ver low 30s for over 6 years now. My weight skirts +/-49kgs, and also has done for over 6 years.

From time to time I'll gain or lose a kilo, or when I travel, I tend to find yself losing weight, but in reality, my weight is very stable.

It very much is possible to maintain weight on low carb. Personally, I don't drink down double cream, or spread butter on my cheese, but I do use cream in my cooking and am happy eating fattier meats.

My total cholesterol is higher than the NHS like, but the constituent parts are excellent (it just adds up to a bigger number. My doctors are very happy with my health and bloods.

What puts you off taking on board a bit more fat? Does it make you feel unwell, or do you just not think it's a great idea for you?

I'm not looking to make judgements, but trying to help.
I also have cholesterol which is a little high but I do eat quite a lot more dairy than I did before I was diagnosed with pe diabetes. Not hard for me as I love butter and cream.
I suppose I am just annoyed that since I have been taking Easybetic for some months, specifically in the months before my next HbA1c, the experiment has failed because the shop arbitrarily stopped selling it. I STILL haven’t received a reply from them!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have cholesterol which is a little high but I do eat quite a lot more dairy than I did before I was diagnosed with pe diabetes. Not hard for me as I love butter and cream.
I suppose I am just annoyed that since I have been taking Easybetic for some months, specifically in the months before my next HbA1c, the experiment has failed because the shop arbitrarily stopped selling it. I STILL haven’t received a reply from them!

Hi Stella - I'll let the Shop know you are still waiting.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Stelladevico - You should have had an email by now, from the shop Manager.

If, for whatever reason you have not received that, please send me a private message, confirming your email address. The response has gone to the email address associated with this account.