I hate my Diabetes

theonlysbf

Just had the best news for ages I cracked 7 on HBA1C and cholesterol at 4.5. Just 6 months ago I was a depressed newly diagnosed type 2, with BG up in the mid teens 5.2 cholesterol with BP off the ricter scale. I still hate having bêtes more than anything I can imagine. But it’s been the most positive thing that has happened to me. I have had to change or die with my feet already gone.
I have spoken to some nice people on the forum and some not so nice, but we all have this horrid disease and this brings us with all our differences together. So a great big thanks to those of you kind enough to answer me and to PM me. and to those who take time to write such good messages on the boards.

I will never stop hating this disease, I want to be a managing sufferer not a bloody victim.

Peace

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
So delighted to hear you are overcoming the beast :!: You are obviously fighting back with a vengeance, and I wish you well, congratulations :D :D
Val

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear about your feet, man. Sounds like you've got it well under control now, though!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Val

Hate your diabetes as much as you like as long as you continue to respect it and to control it.

Well done on the improved stats. Keep it up!

Regards

Pavlos

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Congratulations on the improvement! :D
Don't waste your energy hating diabetes, it won't go away. Just learn to cope as best you can and get on with life.
Hana

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Congratulations on your latest numbers.

theonlysbf said:
with BP off the ricter scale.

Not so sure about checking your BG levels on a Seismic monitor though :D

Edwardia

I hate my Diabetes too and it peeves me no end, when HCPs give an answer like Hana's but ask me if I'm depressed because they get paid for that 'screening'. Hate it all you want, you really don't have to be stoic about it.

IanS

It's probably fair to say that nobody on this forum is exactly overjoyed at having been diagnosed as a diabetic. All of us would rather not have the condition. I'm not sure that I would go as far as actually hating it though. Unfortunately, it's something that we all have to live, so there is little to be gained by developing emotion towards it.

It does require a change to one's established lifestyle and that can take some getting used to. It's good to see that you have positive results for all that change and I'm sure we all hope that you have halted any further problems.

Good luck for the future.

IanS

sugar-rush

Dislikes
being fat, liars, bullies, being stressed all the time
i hate this too. i just feel like crying all the time

i wish i didnt have it

i dont know why i had to get it

its a horrible thing to have.

but we all have it here so we can come together to support each other.

i hope to meet some nice ppl here.

and congrats on ur better targets i am not going to eat ice cream lol

x

smithmaria61

Hello,
Diabetes: Disease from which most of people are suffering. According to doctors diabetes is the main starting stage for any major disease so don't take is easy. Controlling diet and taking less sweets can overcome the problem. Control over sugar is also important in the same scenario. i really hate this diabetes many reasons for this but main is that i can't eat sweets. i have to control my sugar.

Cosy

Oh at the moment I REALLY hate it, I just cannot get control at all, I start the day with great plans but by the end of the day I am eating anything........I must get myself under control and I will but wish I could do it NOW.

theonlysbf

Middle aged on-set diabetes caused by chronic over load of the body’s systems, self inflicted OH YES INDEED!
I am a type 2, I have been overweight and far too sedentary for 20 years, I have always known the risks, I ignored them. (Hang head in shame)
I am lucky I have a great job, fantastic wife and family, really good GP and DN (mostly the DN), they and I treat my disease, they with wise advice and drugs and I listen to what said, I read what’s available, I don’t demand.
I do not count carbs, you can not cut out an entire food group and expect a healthy and happy life however successful it is at getting good BG. (anyway it makes me stink when i tried it)
I do not count calories, but I don't eat stuff with sugar added and I read the label.
I resist temptation with will power and knowing that I will let down all those people above who help me everyday to cope.
Diabetes affects the whole of my life, I live, eat and sleep with this horrid thing. I still hate it, always will, but I know the route to control is in my hands.
That does not stop me craving a crispy crème.

Learning takes place, only when there is a change in behaviour. I think I am learning :D

peterlemer

Counting carbs ( which I do by rule of thumb rather than rigorously) does not mean excluding them!

I eat enough to satisfy my desires while taking care to concentrate on slow carbs ( see under GL) and if there are foods with different types or brands that allow me to choose between lower and higher carb, I choose fewer.

I do read the labels - and some nice ice creams are lower than others - so I will eat them occasionally.

peter