i hate my pump

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Insight is good. It is slow but on the whole reliable.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My hospital refuse to give cellnovo due to too many problems...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having had the combo, the insight and the 640g... the latter two are so similar. The great thing with insight is the handset to use discreetly but it has a small pre loaded vial. The 640g good if you think you could afford or get a cgm in the future. Not sure though which cannulas are now available for the insight.

Both nice small pumps. The insight drawback is that it can take a short time to do its calculations... and the smaller vial.

For me I really disliked the 640g and handed it back. I had tge combo first, tgen the Insight then the 640g. My preference was definitely the Insight.

Reactions: Picci and Snapsy

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having had the combo, the insight and the 640g... the latter two are so similar. The great thing with insight is the handset to use discreetly but it has a small pre loaded vial. The 640g good if you think you could afford or get a cgm in the future. Not sure though which cannulas are now available for the insight.

Both nice small pumps. The insight drawback is that it can take a short time to do its calculations... and the smaller vial.

For me I really disliked the 640g and handed it back. I had tge combo first, tgen the Insight then the 640g. My preference was definitely the Insight.
after you handed back your 640g was it very long for you to get an insight?? Also was your team reluctant to give you another pump??
MANYY THANKSS :)

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also in my clinic my 'group' were the first ones on cellnovo in our hospital and borough so the clinic didnt even realise there were things wrong with it!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
after you handed back your 640g was it very long for you to get an insight?? Also was your team reluctant to give you another pump??
MANYY THANKSS :)

The medtronic 640 was a last ditch attempt to see if their cannulas made a difference. They didnt.
I had the combo first, then the Insight. Left one CCG and was off pump by then and asked to return. Then the next hospital was determined to try a pump again. They only did 640-no choice. I hated it and the cannulas never worked any better.

So back to mdi. Then back to old combo pump with 3rd hospital to try again! Then the 3rd hospital agreed my skin not accepting cannulas so pump no good.

I've had discussions for diaport and the 670g but the decisions are not to try with anything more pump wise.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hospital giving me the 640g managed to get a refund for the pump. They were going to use it as a training pump but medtronic gave them refind on it. It had been used for Two weeks.

jimlemans

I've been using Cellnovo since November and had 3 handsets and 5 pump batteries. Constant communication failures, inactive touch screen, cartridge faults, aborted boluses etc.

I had Animas pumps for 12 years and had 2 issues for the whole of that period. I really like the short tether but I think I'm going to have to look at something like the omnipod as I have to carry so much spare stuff around with me its just not practical and I'm constantly waiting for the next fault.

WHM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi jimlemans
Yes both I and my sister have been having similar problems.
I was under the impression when I started with it in November that a different communication protocol may have been introduced earlier this year but no news on that since.
We too have experienced many bolus abort errors. However thinking back to when I was using the Animas and remember noting that the manual recommended keeping the pump above the level of the cannula thus alleviating the issue of gravity working against the pump action.
I have tried this with the Cellnovo and am pleased to say that I have had no bolus abort messages since (now five cartridge changes), so perhaps one possible positive.
Both my sister and I are meeting the Cellnovo area manager tomorrow to discuss the many issues.
Will update if any relevant news.
Regards

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi jimlemans
Yes both I and my sister have been having similar problems.
I was under the impression when I started with it in November that a different communication protocol may have been introduced earlier this year but no news on that since.
We too have experienced many bolus abort errors. However thinking back to when I was using the Animas and remember noting that the manual recommended keeping the pump above the level of the cannula thus alleviating the issue of gravity working against the pump action.
I have tried this with the Cellnovo and am pleased to say that I have had no bolus abort messages since (now five cartridge changes), so perhaps one possible positive.
Both my sister and I are meeting the Cellnovo area manager tomorrow to discuss the many issues.
Will update if any relevant news.
Regards
hi what happened at your meet? I also met the rep in my area and they said that the did notice the exceeding amount of failures across the boards and that they are changing cartridge manufactures to solve the problems

WHM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
Got much the same message as you. Did come away from the meeting feeling a bit more positive about Cellnovo just hope it lasts! She hoped the new production system would reduce cartridge failures.

Emma1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I have had my cellnovo pump for a little over 2 months now. In the last month alone, I've had 5 new batteries and a new handset. I'm slowly losing faith in the pump and it's reliability. I am currently back on injections for the first time in 11 years and am gutted that I ever chose cellnovo. I was previously with Medtronic and in 11 years only had 2 issues.
I've spoken to my dsn and cellnovo but get no where. Any advice to persuade them to change my pump back to a new supplier?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi, I have had my cellnovo pump for a little over 2 months now. In the last month alone, I've had 5 new batteries and a new handset. I'm slowly losing faith in the pump and it's reliability. I am currently back on injections for the first time in 11 years and am gutted that I ever chose cellnovo. I was previously with Medtronic and in 11 years only had 2 issues.
I've spoken to my dsn and cellnovo but get no where. Any advice to persuade them to change my pump back to a new supplier?
Yes - tell them it is making it impossible for you to manage your diabetes, and suggest they stop supporting Cellnovo as a product.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
They still under consumer law and fit for purpose. Which they obviously arent. They have been purchases by the CCG and therfore a sales transaction made.

I would suggest that folk having problems start to quote some law at the reps when talking.... and state that a transcript of conversation will be made...

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was waiting to start on Cellnovo but eventually gave up and started the Omnipod on Monday. My DSN was told by the rep that they are releasing a new handset towards the end of this month and wouldn't be starting anyone new on the current one.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My hosp the same.. no cellnova as too many probs and when I spoke to the cellnova staff about a year ago they actually told me they were not doing start ups with new patients at that time until new equipment was released.

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was waiting to start on Cellnovo but eventually gave up and started the Omnipod on Monday. My DSN was told by the rep that they are releasing a new handset towards the end of this month and wouldn't be starting anyone new on the current one.

Cellnovo actually called me today and said that my delivery would be a bit delays 2 days later than usual because of the new changes. When she said that i thought she was just simply talking about the new cartridge holder