I have lost more weight

Colourfull500

Hi to all,

Since I started insulin again on Thurday I have lost 1.5 kg since last week is that 2 much to loose at once
which equals 3lb loss..

When i went to hosp the specalist nurse said she wanted me to go on gliclazide instead of other med I am on.
But she didnt write it on my notes for Gp to see so wont they prescribe it until she does but I wont see her until I come back of holiday.

Colourfull500.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Good morning, Colourfull. Could you fill in the details in your profile page, this will mean that members can offer appropriate advice based on your Diabetes type, any medications you are on etc. These details are important and save members time as well as your own time by not having to answer the same questions repeatedly.
You can do this by going to your profile page and choosing from the drop down menus.

I'm sorry that I can't offer advice on insulin related questions as this is beyond my personal experience but good luck in getting things sorted.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Are you on any drugs that cause you to lose weight? Have you been dieting?
Take care

D

Deleted Account

I have not heard of insulin causing weight loss.
What is your bg? I understand high bg can lead to weight loss.
With this in mind, in your position, I would focus on bringing my bg down.
What insulin regime are you on? Fixed dose or are you adjusting your dose according to the carbs you eat?

Colourfull500

Hi,
Are you on any drugs that cause you to lose weight? Have you been dieting?
Take care

Hi kittycat,

I am not on anything specific for loosing weight only the that I keep having bouts of tummy problems(diorhhea) and tummy pain ect.
I suppose I have been eating healthier just surprised I lost 3lb in one week.
Hopefully all will be ok.

Colourfull500.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi kittycat,

I am not on anything specific for loosing weight only the that I keep having bouts of tummy problems(diorhhea) and tummy pain ect.
I suppose I have been eating healthier just surprised I lost 3lb in one week.
Hopefully all will be ok.

Colourfull500.

Do you taker Metformin, Colourful? That can sometimes cause tummy troubles, even after taking it for a while.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. For info it's not usual to take Gliclazide when on insulin as they effectively do the same thing.