I have sinned

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just spent a week in Corfu. Corfu Palace Hotel was outstanding and the food out of this world. It was a set menu of four courses, three choices on each course, wasn't sure on some of the sauces on the food but they were not large portions.
I have tried to be good but had a few lapses (but no bread, potatoes, pasta or rice). Found an ice cream shop in Corfu Town which had choc & vanilla with Stevia but I only had two portions in the whole week. I have put on 2 lbs and my BG is only a little higher .Back to normal eating now.............until the next holiday.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Sounds wonderful - and you didn't go over the top with the food Carol:angelic:. Holidays and Birthdays/Christmas etc are definitely times for a little indulgence in my book You're still saintly:)

Reactions: dave4542 and Freema

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
Just spent a week in Corfu. Corfu Palace Hotel was outstanding and the food out of this world. It was a set menu of four courses, three choices on each course, wasn't sure on some of the sauces on the food but they were not large portions.
I have tried to be good but had a few lapses (but no bread, potatoes, pasta or rice). Found an ice cream shop in Corfu Town which had choc & vanilla with Stevia but I only had two portions in the whole week. I have put on 2 lbs and my BG is only a little higher .Back to normal eating now.............until the next holiday.
I suppose if we are really optimistic the diabetes is a sort of added "bonus" for certain situations... I never have to diet after holidays or Christmas any more. I have only just started using Stevia (in the almond bread in the low carb breads recipe book) and I think it is better than aspartame, so I hope the ice cream was good.

Reactions: Freema
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a disappointment considering the title of the thread. I was hoping for a big confession. That is not what you call sinning.

Corfu is a lovely place. I am glad you enjoyed it.

You never know what's in those sauces except it's always olives but they taste nice.

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or all in Latin.
"quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo, opere, et omissione, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa"
In "cogitatione" I think about pizza and ice creams everyday. ;-)
I've done worse in my vacations and i gained 3 kg in a week... Because if you love fine wines and cheeses and do your holidays in France you will eat a lot more than normal.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree with @Squire Fulwood - that's no sin, but a mere holiday.

Hope you had fun and realise just how much of a backseat diabetes can actually take. A lot of forum members here are entirely obsessive - but it need not be that way, as you've found out.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I felt I'd sinned because I didn't take my meter with me.

@Metabolism_Boss The ice cream was lovely, it's so long since I have had any.
Something I forgot to mention, I had a frappe, only one but boy did I enjoy it.
u
I tried to post a copy of the menu from Friday but it was too large.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sounds lovely, on holiday I had an ice cream sundae and really enjoyed it, no guilt and no meter, got back home and straight back to low carb, am planning a 3 day reprieve over Christmas as well.
X

Reactions: soonow

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Carol, I love your avatar. I'd like to have one myself, but so far my efforts to post one of my own photos or to find something I like online have all failed. Please could you advise?

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Alexandra100 The picture was painted by me. To post your own picture click on your name at the top left and choose Your Account.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take my meter but rarely test on holiday and I do have treats albeit small ones - holidays are for relaxation and making memories as long as I am mindful and don't go all out mental and a definite plan to hit the ground running when I return then I just enjoy.

Usually on holiday we do a lot more walking and are a lot more active so usually come back pretty much intact although a little poorer in the pocket hehe.

It's sounds like you got it just right and had a great time :)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Alexandra100 The picture was painted by me. To post your own picture click on your name at the top left and choose Your Account.
I'm very impressed by your painting. Do you have amy more visible online?
I've done the 2 steps you suggest, but can't get any further.

Anthony1738

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Boom Boom Club Music (cant see the point its not Music) Moto GP and Manchester United
Is it a sin to enjoy yourself once in a while?, I dont think so, work all year to enjoy a nice holiday, surely nothing wrong with that.
I sinned big time yesterday but had a ball, I had so much beer i cant remember how many i drank, but as I say its only once in while, you only live once so live to enjoy.