1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I hope I'm not getting sick

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Rushy, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Rushy

Rushy · Well-Known Member

I hope I'm not getting sick.. I don't think I am but I was just reminded why Wet Rooms are so useful! Projectile style!

Does anyone else here do a lot of walking? I'd just finished (was home for about 30 minutes) and had a big drink of water as I'm in the tropics (Singapore) just now to ensure that I wasn't dehydrated although I didi take plenty with me Or so I thought.
    I do 10K regularly so it shouldn't be the walk that caused it (Was around 10K today).

I suppose it is possible I skiped on the water to ensure it lasted and still got dehydrated but I felt OK ..

Any guesses poeple of the type II persuasion?

2. cugila

cugila · Master

Did you check your Bg level ? I've been sick when I am in the hypo zone.....

3. Rushy

Rushy · Well-Known Member

I was up at 9.2 that day. Odd when you bear in mind I hadn't eaten yet when I tested..

4. cugila

cugila · Master

I think you have the right idea when you mention dehydration, exercise, hot climate etc means you will probably have lost a fair amount of bodily fluid through sweating, couple that with Diabetes and raised BG........seems to me it probably was a lack of fluids, hence one of the symptoms of dehydration......vomiting !

Maybe just some adjustment to food/drink before the exercise would help next time.

http://www.medicinenet.com/dehydration/article.htm

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook