I love my DN

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DN's get quite a lot of criticism for one reason or another so I thought I would sing my DN's praises.

I booked an appointment to discuss what I should do about my drugs when I start fasting. Initially sceptical we talked through what I intended to do. She warned me that my kidneys may not approve and to drink lots of water. I can continue to take my Metformin as I am allowed bone broth.

She booked me an appointment with the doctor so I can discuss dropping the propranolol.

She looked at my records and wanted to do my HbA1c test. I said no, she said yes! So I whipped out my mySugr app and showed her what I had on it. My data started 1st April and I wanted to cover three months starting then because prior to that, I was still spiking due to being an idiot.

So I have an appointment towards the end of June with a further appointment a couple of days later for the results.

We chatted about the NHS and I told her if I could reach out to all T2's and tell them what I know now.....

She said that funnily enough a colleague was trying to organise a group meeting with representatives from the NHS (I rolled my eyes at this point).

Anyhow, she is passing on my details to her colleague, we will see what happens.

She really is great!

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's great to hear @xfieldok - your nurse sounds brilliant. My nurse is very good too. I hope you get to spread the word further of what can be achieved to other type 2s - do report back if anything comes of it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear about the good nurses instead of all the comments about the poorer ones. I also love my nurse. She is ultra supportive, and very knowledgeable.

Reactions: eggs11 and Juicyj

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I certainly will. I am not likely to be invited onto the panel, but you never know, I might be asked to relate my story!

Reactions: eggs11

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @xfieldok I also have an amazing DSN, in fact she's one of 3 nurses i've had since I was diagnosed over 6 years ago, all of whom have been absolutely brilliant, and I do count myself lucky that i'm under her care, but they do really deserve credit for the support they offer.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi juicyj I think we should celebrate the good ones!

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too have an excellent team of DSN who provided advice and support when it is needed. As an ex nurse it is really heartening to hear poss things about nurse led support