I love my Doctor!

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you!

Apparently, she's going to check with the GP. I asked the same question about the checks and she said she thinks I may have one more eye screening and that the annual blood test will incorporate all the other tests. I guess the only thing I won't have going forward is the foot check, but I'm happy to keep an eye on that one myself.

Yay, got my eye screening invite!

Also got my first mammogram invite (obviously not diabetes-related). NOT looking forward to that one!

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Some of us have good doctors and diabetic nurses that understand, some only think that meds are best, some listen to us some don`t. The list is endless, and can stress us out with frustration when visiting these health experts ??? in my opinion we are the experts. This is my diabetic diary from being diagnosed in Jan this year, probably some of you will relate to this.
1. Jan 4th diagnosed Type 2 with a BG reading of 148 = 19.3 [ these readings didn't mean anything to me as obviously did not know anything about diabetes ] was in shock doctor prescribed Metformin 500mg 1 daily for first week then increase to 2 second week. No information off him other than see the diabetic nurse.

2. Saw diabetic nurse a week later very nice person and friendly gave me a meter and strips she said doctor wanted me to test daily, personally she herself would not have given the meter and strips ? Told me to cut down food portions eat normal in moderation :confused: weighed me and took blood pressure [ was normal ] and said she would see me in 3 months.

3. April HBA1c results down from 148 to 53 doctor dumbstruck said I was a good diabetic after trying to explain about this website being my salvation, and the LCHF diet, he didn't even answer me, and it was them that told me to join this website:confused: then he said I did not need to test every day now as I should know by now what to eat :mad: very nearly got into an argument with him but left it after saying, < but I do still need to test as there are so many combinations and other foods I still need to try and test. > he did not answer me, So I said thank you and left. :confused:

4. Saw a different diabetic nurse in May she was arrogant, she had a notebook in front of her, think all the questions she had to ask me was in the notebook. Told me I didn't need test strips anymore o_O and to loose a bit more weight I was 12st 4lbs in Jan now she weighed me 11st 2lbs. [ I was happy with this] she said I needed to loose another stone, it was the way she said it that made me mad as she needed to loose stones not pounds. I knew she was another diabetic nurse that didn't understand. So I left.

5. Now waiting for July tests :happy:and results and then back to doc and diabetic nurse. I do not get stressed with it anymore I do what I think is best and rely on all you lovely friendly and supportive people on here best thing I ever did joining this site. Well done everyone. Only we know. Now 10st 8lbs feel great.:happy::happy::happy:

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am happier with the nurses and gps I have as if I request a med I get it within 24 hours of asking so I don't need to worry about my diabetes due to that but I like the diabetes nurses to as I am a smoker ( I know that I shouldn't ) as well and I don't get them on my back because of it not even the diabetes doctor he asks but that is all and I tell him I know the risk but I have a good heart and clear chest as had a ecg the other week all clear and no problem but the only problem is low blood presure and I mean low they have to do it by manual not machine as it doesn't recognise the presure as I have lost so much weight but when I was heavier I had a good presure but My cholesterol levels are right down at under 3 which is not bad as used to be above 7 and the other is sky high but they don't know how when my sugars are normal and low but I get a blood test next month to check again and see if they are normal or low

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I am happier with the nurses and gps I have as if I request a med I get it within 24 hours of asking so I don't need to worry about my diabetes due to that but I like the diabetes nurses to as I am a smoker ( I know that I shouldn't ) as well and I don't get them on my back because of it not even the diabetes doctor he asks but that is all and I tell him I know the risk but I have a good heart and clear chest as had a ecg the other week all clear and no problem but the only problem is low blood presure and I mean low they have to do it by manual not machine as it doesn't recognise the presure as I have lost so much weight but when I was heavier I had a good presure but My cholesterol levels are right down at under 3 which is not bad as used to be above 7 and the other is sky high but they don't know how when my sugars are normal and low but I get a blood test next month to check again and see if they are normal or low
Hi Jordi77, don't get me wrong I have a good doctor and a nice diabetic nurse, my only concern is they stick to the eat well plate and do not support the LCHF diet, and when I explain what I am doing they just say keep doing what you are doing. If they would only listen and talk to me about it would be nice. I once showed my doctor the article in the paper of The Newcastle Diet he didn't think much of it and said it wasn't conclusive. Have a good day. :)

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm on a hchf diet due to losing the weight I have lost over 8 months and needs to be placed on asap so I can't win and that is what the dietician told me that I saw on Friday and I am following what I am told by them as I have to put back on some of the fat around the middle as you can see my pelvic bone that is how much weight I have lost and I weighed nearly 20 stones before that and now I am classified as under weight for my height so that I can not believe but I can only go by what they tell me and nothing else