I need a nice filling quick Breakfast

Dadio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bordem
On low carbs and a bread addict, I have always eaten brown bread with Jan and peanut butter but realise this needs to change.
Options anyone for quick breakfast options low carbs?
What about a Protien drink with milk?
Eggs? Peanut butter?
Any ideas are appreciated!

Mick

Reactions: Liam1955

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The breakfast of heroes.. With a knob of butter & some ground pepper..!

image.jpeg

Reactions: walnut_face

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cheese sandwiched in ham.. or ham sandwiched in cheese slices? if you wanted to up the fat content you could butter the cheese..

Believe it or not. This was on offer for breakfast in the German hotels, back in the day I was on tour? Along with hard boiled eggs.. Yep, there was bread too.
The other guys hated the "fair". But i found myself adequately catered for.. Once one sidestepped the cereal, fruit juice & jams...
The Scandinavian hotels had an even broader LC option... :cool:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Believe it or not. This was on offer for breakfast in the German hotels, back in the day I was on tour? Along with hard boiled eggs.. Yep, there was bread too.
The other guys hated the "fair". But i found myself adequately catered for.. Once one sidestepped the cereal, fruit juice & jams...
The Scandinavian hotels had an even broader LC option... :cool:

The hotel we just stayed in in Lanzarote had the most amazing breakfast selection I think I have ever seen.
Cold meat selection, cheese selection, a chef cooking omelette and eggs fresh and loads of bacon and sausage as well as all the usual carbage.. almost made me miss having breakfasts at home.. but then I remembered the extra washing up!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The hotel we just stayed in in Lanzarote had the most amazing breakfast selection I think I have ever seen.
Cold meat selection, cheese selection, a chef cooking omelette and eggs fresh and loads of bacon and sausage as well as all the usual carbage.. almost made me miss having breakfasts at home.. but then I remembered the extra washing up!
The menu?
Probably to cater for the Germans? Which is lucky for us... I can forgive the towels by the pool! ;)

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree entirely with those folks suggesting eggs in any form. I find them pretty quick to make. Even quicker is the German style brekkie, minus the bread. For time when I need a really speedy start I have a coffee with cream, and grab a couple of brazil nuts and a very thin Polish salami like a pepperoni, but nicer. Or I have a couple of slices of chicken or ham, or some sliced salami. The brazil nuts in particular give you enough fuel for ages, but I have to watch I don't overdo it on the nuts as I find them very easy to snack on.

Reactions: dbr10

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sliced protein roll with cream cheese and ham. Finger food for car.

Reactions: dbr10

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Lettuce wraps. Lettuce leafs filled with tuna mayo, no sweetcorn.
Low carb wraps from amazon filled with egg mayo and lettuce.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Smoked mackerel pate made night before. Prawns and mayo? Seafood pick and mix.

MaxRebo001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My weekday brekkie usually consists of protein, ham and eggs or some polish chili franks chopped up in an omlette, if you need it really quickly i make a 2 egg omlete in a microwave egg poacher, literally 5 mins from stat to finish.

My other staple is greek yoghurt, usually plain but if morning levels are low i'll add a teaspoon of honey or some mixed berries.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Dadio - Greek Yoghurt sprinkled with chopped nuts.
Or Boiled Eggs (boil them night before).

Reactions: ickihun