I should have done this months ago

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone,

I'm Gee and, firstly, thank you all so very much for the support and information I've gained from this site :)

This is my second post (my first was about gravy!), and I should have done this months ago but it was a big shock being diagnosed and my way of coping is to keep my head down and start digging for information.

I was given my Type 2 diagnosis by the Diabetic nurse after an initial blood test and a Glucose tolerance blood test triggered when I went to see my GP after a nasty bout of flu because I was always so tired.

I'm female and I live near the sea in Scotland :)

I found this website very quickly and it has made such a difference to my way of dealing with my diagnosis. Because of this site I consider myself a diabetic who manages my condition and for that I thank you all. Now I hope to be able to contribute and help others.

Gee

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone,

I'm Gee and, firstly, thank you all so very much for the support and information I've gained from this site :)

This is my second post (my first was about gravy!), and I should have done this months ago but it was a big shock being diagnosed and my way of coping is to keep my head down and start digging for information.

I was given my Type 2 diagnosis by the Diabetic nurse after an initial blood test and a Glucose tolerance blood test triggered when I went to see my GP after a nasty bout of flu because I was always so tired.

I'm female and I live near the sea in Scotland :)

I found this website very quickly and it has made such a difference to my way of dealing with my diagnosis. Because of this site I consider myself a diabetic who manages my condition and for that I thank you all. Now I hope to be able to contribute and help others.

Gee

so wonderful to read... and how fine results in such a short time, you have doing an amazing job already... and luckily it is much easier to loose weight on low carb higer fat diet.. wish you all the best of luck from now on too

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @geefull . I agree with all of the above. Good luck for the future, keep going and chatting. They are a wonderful, helpful bunch. Good fun too. :D

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @geefull and welcome to the forum! Well done on lowering your bs level and your weight reduction. Keep up the good work! :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

Hope you keep posting, now you have started :D