I start TRULICITY in a couple of days.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is anyone on Trulicity? I spoke to my nurse in November and we talked about going on it. The more I read the more I freak out about it. I'm mainly worried about the vomiting, I have a fear of it.

Karenhome02

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i ve been on trulicity for 4 weeks now and have no side effects, i dont get hungry but have breakfast lunch and dinner at regular times, im also on 24 units of insulin twice daily

Janemm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have been on Trulicity for about 4 months. After the first side effect of indigestion problems. I have been great my blood numbers have been good.

EnidB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started on Trulicity in September 2021 , was fearful too but the other option was insulin which I wanted to avoid as long as possible . I was also extremely worried about the increase risk of thyroid cancer which was the most scary factor and is in bold writing on the information leaflet , however despite this I went ahead . I had all the nausea, stomach pains etc for about 3 weeks by week 4 just the nausea and then ok thankfully and no symptoms associated with the thyroid issue .

It did bring my sugars down but I’ve noticed for the last month that they are really high . I’m on 0.5mg a week plus 2000 Mg metformin a day and have been a diabetic for 10 years.

Is this expected behaviour for such a short period? Is what I’m asking myself now . The only change is that I have gained 10lbs and due to a hip issue not been exercising from about November. So now I’m thinking I need to go on a higher dose …

mummycaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started on Trulicity in September 2021 , was fearful too but the other option was insulin which I wanted to avoid as long as possible . I was also extremely worried about the increase risk of thyroid cancer which was the most scary factor and is in bold writing on the information leaflet , however despite this I went ahead . I had all the nausea, stomach pains etc for about 3 weeks by week 4 just the nausea and then ok thankfully and no symptoms associated with the thyroid issue .

It did bring my sugars down but I’ve noticed for the last month that they are really high . I’m on 0.5mg a week plus 2000 Mg metformin a day and have been a diabetic for 10 years.

Is this expected behaviour for such a short period? Is what I’m asking myself now . The only change is that I have gained 10lbs and due to a hip issue not been exercising from about November. So now I’m thinking I need to go on a higher dose …
Hi, I have been on Trulicity for two weeks now and its completely ruling my life. I have constant diarrhea, stomach pains, flatulence and indigestion. I have definetly lost weight in the two weeks and my sugars have come down, but this could be mainly because of being scared at what I am eating to make the diarrhea worse. Is this how you felt for the first few weeks? and did it definetly get better? I am willing to keep on with this as it seems there are many benefits, but I cant live the rest of my life like this. When I first started taking Metformin I was like this for about a week, but have now been on it for a few years and have no side affects from that at all. Sorry for all the questions, but am seriously concerned about this now. Thanks.