I swear too much @#@#

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I've noticed since being diabetic I get a bit grouchier now. Maybe it's getting on in life too. My twin sister pulled me up for swearing like a trooper and tbh I didn't realise I was doing it. Can you nice people on the forum provide me with some suitable alternatives that can be heard amongst ladies and children ?
Your input is greatly appreciated. Lmao

Reactions: 6 people

TopCat_999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
When my sons were in nursery the assistants were not allows to swear in front of the children (too right) so they used to say things like "Its puppy cold outside" "if you don't shut the puppy door the kids will get out" so now my wife uses it to!!!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to work with a younger girl who who's swearing went "SSHHHI--UGAR!" - But I never realised until I typed this just now that it's almost two naughty words in one!! :D:wideyed:

Some people use "RATS!!" and I've sometimes used "Oh KNICKERS!" But, @eddie1968, since I'm now also a grumpy old diabetic I often need my mouth washing out.

When I was a very little girl my otherwise apparently correct grandad taught me this innocent but evil little rhyme (say it fast):
I chased a bug around a hill -
I'll have his blood, he knows I will...
In turn I've passed it one to nieces and great nephews...

Robbity

Reactions: 8 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know any ladies and gentlemen, present company excepted of course. Mrs DeeJay knows more swearwords than I do.
I don't swear at all except in the kitchen on my own when I curse something chronic. If the window is open I'm afraid my neighbour must get an earful and wonder who's being murdered :mad:
Children these days are more likely to swear at me than I to them.

Reactions: 4 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
LOL @EDDIE lad

I know what you mean Eddie about old and grouchy, tell me about it

I just let rip in the car (driving on my own) I manage my swearing in front of my family members.

For the F word I say FLAKE

For Pi$$ Off I say Bishop Auckland

Otherwise I usually swear like hell

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question is which is the better option: swearing , throwing stuff, blaming the dog, or any other frustration reliever of your choice? Swearing probably does the least physical damage...:D

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I've noticed since being diabetic I get a bit grouchier now. Maybe it's getting on in life too. My twin sister pulled me up for swearing like a trooper and tbh I didn't realise I was doing it. Can you nice people on the forum provide me with some suitable alternatives that can be heard amongst ladies and children ?

Oh for flip sake, **** off, balderdash, and watch Father Ted.

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

Bummox! My used to say bumdickieweewee a bit like supercalifragilistic etc

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I hate this fluffin' thread!

No need to efin ekuko say things like that!

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
strange you should say this well I'm a type 1 and loose my temper for the slightest thing and yes ive notest I swear a lot now

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

I don't know any ladies and gentlemen, present company excepted of course. Mrs DeeJay knows more swearwords than I do.
I don't swear at all except in the kitchen on my own when I curse something chronic. If the window is open I'm afraid my neighbour must get an earful and wonder who's being murdered :mad:
Children these days are more likely to swear at me than I to them.
Children these days don't seem capable of uttering a whole sentence unless it contains a selection of words relating to bodily function or intimate body parts

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Children these days don't seem capable of uttering a whole sentence unless it contains a selection of words relating to bodily function or intimate body parts
Do you mean the children in their 20s, 30s, 40s . . . ?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bummox! My used to say bumdickieweewee a bit like supercalifragilistic etc

Oh BUMMOX!! I don't think I could say "bumdickieweewee" without bursting out laughing which would spoil the whole effect...:D

I hate this fluffin' thread!
No need to efin ekuko say things like that!

Go and wash your efin mouth out immediately or i'll report your
fluffin' post!

Actually I think I'll add fluffin' and efin to my swear list - I rather like them as they roll easily out of my foul tempered mouth, and trip lightly off my fingers. I could have done with using them a couple of fluffin' days ago when my efin "chauffeur" decided that he'd park as far away as he could get from the shop I wanted to visit... BUMMOX!

Robbity

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many years ago when i was an "angry young man" in a more harder edged punk band.

We got booked last minute for a Halloween gig with a mixed audience.. Mainly kids in fancy dress??
Whilst still maintaining the dynamics of the songs, i consciously omitted the more incitefull lyrics choosing to make the performance more "family friendly" & cut any expletives in a U certificate censorship..
We were clean as a whistle!!

The organizer came up to us afterwords, complimented on our show. then went on to add, "you don't half swear alot!!" :banghead:

Reactions: 7 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I'm still laughing at Chris and her bumdickieweewee:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: 4 people