I think my gluco meter is faulty

Lawrencepa

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Everytime I've tried it it says 5.7 even when I haven't put any blood on a test strip yet and I put it in it will say that. Unless I'm missing something I don't think it's working. Perhaps one of you can enlighten me to what's going on.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yup sound like its shot. call the maker you may get a new one for free.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Everytime I've tried it it says 5.7 even when I haven't put any blood on a test strip yet and I put it in it will say that. Unless I'm missing something I don't think it's working. Perhaps one of you can enlighten me to what's going on.

Which meter are you using and have you completed the initial setup procedure?

D

Deleted Account

Sounds like a fault.
I wonder whether the button you press to get the last results is accidentally pressed when the strip is pushed in.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this a Codefree meter by any chance?
I haven't used one in a long time, but I have a recollection that 5.7 is the level shown on the image of the meter on the original box it came in. Could be some sort of factory setting?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With the meters Ive got, (Tee 2 and Glucorx) if you press a button to turn it on, then it just displays the last result. If you get it to switch on by inserting a strip then its ready for a new test.Im pretty sure it was the same with my one touch meter too. If yours is just displaying 5.7 wharever way you et it to switch on then it sounds like its F*****. Some meters that allow computer linkage can be reset via the compuuter. Might also b worth taking the battery out for a while before putting it back in - that might clear the memory and force a reset

Last edited:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Stupid suggestion - you're sure you have peeled off the plastic film with the dummy reading on it?:rolleyes: