I think we have a new winner, but a big challenge to come ( atypical story)

Elenas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey guys,
It's been a while I haven't posted here and tbh I'm not a very active member, so here is the little background: been diagnosed with pre diabetes and insulin resistance in 2020. My labs were showing high fasting glucose combine with a high fasting insulin ( aka Insulin resistance).
I had as well reactive hypoglycemia.

Trying very hard to makes change in my diet to escape the upcoming diabetes, freaking out, I completely lost my mind and fall into another disease: Anorexia nervosa.
I've lost the control by implementing very restrictive rules and intermittent fasting, thinking I had to cut everything and fast most of my day .
First ending up happy by dramatically improving my glucose and insulin level but reaching a point where I become so skinny and afraid to eat that I had to be admitted in a ED clinic with an anorexia nervosa diagnosis one year later...

2023 is the year I've start my real recovering process and now starting back to EAT , been introduced to intuitive eating I'm currently eating plenty of processed food and carbs when feel to do so .
A part of me is still fearing for the consequence of such diet and I've done some blood work this year, although it seems like my body is in completely remission of IR and Pre Diabetes . All is gone ... My a1c is 4.5 ... I have very low BS, very low Insulin as well ... incredibly perfect HOMA. So that's the secret of insulin sensitivity: being skinny?

So many questions , feeling tears between 2 diseases that have complete opposite diet protocole for recovering... so far following the ED protocole which include lot of carbs , snacking, no restriction on junk food at all.. but will my IR/ prediabetes come back or am I done forever with IR ? Is this really a success story ? or just a FALSE POSITiVE ONE?
glucose.png
GTT.png
Insulin.png

• Optimistic
Reactions: Antje77

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi and well done on your battles.
You mentioned RH, or is that a typo?
I have RH and on the cusp of T2, tho I battled back and got my hba1c levels back into non diabetic levels.
I still have a fight on my hands.
I fast every day. Intermittent fasting is now a part of my dietary requirements. As is protein, good saturated fats and vegetables.
If I may, why only a two hours glucose tolerance test?
If you have RH, I would have thought an extended test would have been more beneficial?
If you haven't visited our forum, I believe it may help you understand the basics of the condition.

However, the insulin resistance is the reason why we are assumed to go T2.
And losing the weight and eating a diet to reduce spikes and fasting will help with control and reduce the insulin resistance, however, the first phase response is just as important, along with what you eat.

I should not try and advise on your eating disorder, as I have not had any reason to.
But, and it will probably be noticed, that many like myself, even though they fast, eat plenty without going the the industrial food route. I found that only fresh food could I trust. I know not if you are vegan or the like and I get the dread of hypos or hypers, everything we have to battle, in my experience eating those processed foods is something I am intolerant to.
I
Ask your questions.
I have had a decade and more often than not, successful with living with RH.
I hope I can help.
Best wishes.