I want to gain weight?

newbieloon

Dislikes
Diabetes..
Hi im ellen , and im new too diabetes, since november 2009, so not really new but im not use to it.

Im just over 6st and im 5 ft 2 and im 14 so i look terrible skinny..
i really want to gain weight and as a diabetic its hard, because by eating the food that would make a normal person gain weight, it makes me go High, which makes me loose weight..
Is there any advice ?
IS there such things as fattening pills??
Sorry for so manyquestionssssss..
Please help:p

xox

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Hi Ellen :D

Have you done a carb counting course? or spoken to your Diabetes Nurse about your concerns? I'm sure there are many foods you can eat to help you gain weight which are safe and healthy and you should be able to control your blood glucose levels if you are counting carbs. Give your DN a call and see if you can make an appt with the hospital/clinic dietician perhaps?

Forget about gaining weight for a while. Concentrate on getting your BG levels sorted and ask if you can go on a carb counting course (DAFNE or INSIGHT or similar) and take it from there. Please don't take any pills though, unless they are prescribed by your GP!!

Good luck, let us know how you get on :D

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hI ellen I have written a post about something called Calogen have a look at that it may help CAROL

hismom

hi ellen,
my son is also 14 and been diabetic since october so you are nearly on the same footing. Did you have any advice about how many carbs to eat? When we spoke to the consultant about ryans weight he said dont worry but as time has gone on he has now said to increase the number of carbs he eats in a day.If you would like any information please feel free to pm me and I will help if I can.